Used Oomox to make gtk's for existing themes, questions about how/if to post

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Used Oomox to make gtk's for existing themes, questions about how/if to post

Post by scoson »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Used Oomox to make gtk's for existing themes, questions about how/if to post

Post by smurphos »

If you are using them for your own use you don't need to credit anyone and you can just mix and match themes with the Theme's app as you wish.

If you are intending to distribute them then you should really.

1) Apply and include a licence - GPLv3 is appropriate.
2) Credit the Oomox author and contributors (and arguably the source of oomox's templates - numix, materia or arc)
3) Credit the original author(s) of any theme elements not produced by oomox that you include.

If for example you are just 'inspired' by a theme colors and use the colours in oomox I don't think that merits a credit as such.

For packaging them for distribution if you are intending to host them on Cinnamon Spices so they can be downloaded via the Themes app see the readme at the bottom of https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-spices-themes

If you are going to put them on OpenDesktop.org you generally just zip up the whole theme folder as it would sit in ~/.themes/ and upload the zip.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Used Oomox to make gtk's for existing themes, questions about how/if to post

Post by scoson »

Last edited by scoson on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

No worries - I like to see people experimenting with theming and Cinnamon Spices needs some more options with good GTK support as-well. Cinnamox-Rhino is my go to as-well :)
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Last edited by scoson on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Last edited by scoson on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Looking good. I like the borders. I wouldn't keep the Oomox in the name personally.

No way to get the Oomox config back, unless you keep snapshots of your home folder. They are stored in an .Oomox folder. But you could check out the theme CSS produced. There is a section in the GTK theme with all the colour definitions in one place, so not too hard to reverse engineer the Oomox profile.
Last edited by smurphos on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Last edited by scoson on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Last edited by scoson on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:54 am, edited 9 times in total.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Last edited by scoson on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Addictive isn't it...... :)

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”