Cinnamox-Zanah is gone?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jim1440

Cinnamox-Zanah is gone?

Post by Jim1440 »

I've been using LM for almost three years now and while there are some really beautiful themes available I find most of them either too dark or too bright for my old sensitive eyes. A few months ago I found Cinnamox-Zanah and started using it on LM18.3 and found it ALMOST perfect. After installing LM19 on a new computer I cannot find Cinnamox-Zanah anywhere I have looked.

Presently using Cinnamox-Heather which is blue but otherwise very much like Zanah. I love green but find Cinnamox-Willow-Grove just too dark but otherwise very nice. Any hope of the return of Zanah? (sounds like a movie lol). Would also like to see more theme choices in greens and in the range between the light and dark ones now available.

Please know I am not criticizing anyone's work as I find all the themes amazing (well maybe one or two exceptions) . It's just some of us don't have the eyes we used to have.
Thanks to all who make their work so readily available.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Cinnamox-Zanah is gone?

Post by smurphos »

Sorry I retired it from Cinnamon Spices as it has garnered 0 stars in over 6 months of being there so I thought it was just wasting space and being a distraction. You can find the last release version on my GitHub here.....just unzip into your ~/.themes folder.

https://github.com/smurphos/cinnamox_th ... -Zanah.zip

If you like a theme, applet, desklet or extension take a moment to visit it's Cinnamon Spice page and give it a star. :wink: . This isn't just to make the author feel good, the Mint team curators do use ratings as a factor when trying to decide whether to pick up ongoing support or simply delete items that have been abandoned by their original author and need work to maintain compatibility with newer Cinnamon versions.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
aes2011
Level 4
Level 4

Post by aes2011 »

smurphos wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:00 pm ...
If you like a theme, applet, desklet or extension take a moment to visit it's Cinnamon Spice page and give it a star. :wink: . ...
I'll definitely do so! I'm using Kashmir-Blue on Kubuntu 18.04 for the gtk2/gtk3 side of things instead of the default Breeze. And it's just brilliant! Your attention to detail such as looking after qt apps is much appreciated.

So is the star to be done on https://github.com/smurphos/cinnamox-gtk-theme in the Watch Star/Unstar/Fork area?

Couple of points if you don't mind!

First, thanking for making a user-friendly version available. By that I mean that a user can make minor changes just using a text editor. I could easily change #daeaf2 to #65A8B5 for theme_fg_color and elsewhere.

Second, why do you have both gtk-3.0 and gtk-3.20 folders? On my system, it looks like only the gtk-3.20 folder is needed. I'm guessing it is for backward-compatibility. Is that correct?

Edit: minor point ... there's a minor typo Cinnamox-Kashir-Blue release screenshot
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Thanks for the feedback - the ratings go on the Cinnamon Spices page - https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/t ... shmir-Blue.

I can't take all the credit for the GTK elements of the theme - although the Cinnamon specific parts are my own work the GTK parts are forked from the Oomox project which in turn is forked from Numix. I have contributed to Oomox though.

Nice to see the themes being used beyond Mint. The theme does include two GTK folders so it supports both Mint 18.x / Ubuntu 16.04 and Mint 19.x / Ubuntu 18.04 based distros.

Thanks for the heads up on the typo as-well.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
aes2011
Level 4
Level 4

Post by aes2011 »

After clicking "liked" from my github account the score went down! Down from 10 to 9!!!!
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Don't worry - that a site caching issue - stars expire after a year.....
Joss
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Joss »

I can't find a screenshot of Zanah anywhere :(
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Joss
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Joss »

tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

Hi Smurphos!

Would the theme install in Mate?
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

All the Cinnamox themes will install in Mate - the mint menu applets may look a bit weird as there is no specific theming for them in the GTK theme so the menu entries look like buttons, but the native mate menu applets are fine if I remember correctly. I use the themes for XFCE as-well. They work well in XFCE.

All of the other 7 that are still supported should work fine in Mate's Appearance settings module. Zanah will throw an error in there because of a non-existent icon theme in the index, but that's easily worked around by using the Customise option to pick an icon theme.

You can grab the other supported ones from Cinnamon Spices - this one is my daily driver - https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/t ... amox-Rhino

MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

smurphos wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:39 pmI use the themes for XFCE as-well. They work well in XFCE.
Well crap! I spent way too much time trying to find a nice Xfce theme and now you tell me this? :wink:

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”