Mint-X Grey Theme & Mint-Y icon color conflict

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Trapper
Level 4
Level 4

Mint-X Grey Theme & Mint-Y icon color conflict

Post by Trapper »

LM19 Mate

I am using Mint-X-Grey Theme and Mint-Y icons. The panel color (which I want to retain) and the colors of the internet connection and sound icons in the Notification Area are basically the same, making it impossible to visually view them. They are there and I can click the area to change settings, etc. but they aren't visible.

I've looked and looked but I cannot locate these icons so I can alter the color. Anyone know where they are located at or is this a css color setting I can change?

I have also searched for a thread pertaining to this problem but found none. If you know of one please post a link to it.

Thank You,
Trapper
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Mint-X Grey Theme & Mint-Y icon color conflict

Post by gm10 »

Mint-X has its own icon set that's compatible with the theme. But if you feel like modifying Mint-Y icons instead, all the icon sets are found in:

Code: Select all

/usr/share/icons/
Trapper
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Trapper »

Yes, I know Mint-X has it's own icons but much prefer the Mint-Y icons but I really do not care for the Mint-Y themes. I just found what I am looking for at /usr/share/icons/Mint-Y/panel. Problem now is that they are .svg files and I have to find something to edit vector graphics. I will find something. Thank you gm10.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Trapper wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:38 am Yes, I know Mint-X has it's own icons but much prefer the Mint-Y icons but I really do not care for the Mint-Y themes. I just found what I am looking for at /usr/share/icons/Mint-Y/panel. Problem now is that they are .svg files and I have to find something to edit vector graphics. I will find something. Thank you gm10.
You don't necessarily have to edit them. You could just replace them with the Mint-X versions. Even if you dislike those icons in general, surely it shouldn't matter much for those small icons, does it?
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

If you decide to edit them, use inkscape.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Trapper
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Trapper »

JosephM wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:27 pm If you decide to edit them, use inkscape.
Firstly, I tried to find the corresponding files in Mint-X but things just aren't the same, different locations apparently because there's no panel folder and png's apparently are used rather than .svg, etc and so forth. Doesn't look interchangeable to me.

I used inkscape and darkened the pertaining .svg files so they were visible. Works for me.

I will add that I saved a copy of everything I altered prior to altering and also saved copies of all files altered in the event they get changed back to defaults during a package upgrade.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”