A day in the life.....of a Cinnamon themer

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

A day in the life.....of a Cinnamon themer

Post by smurphos »

Materia Cinnamon 4.....done.... I think.....now to tidy up the crazy multiple panels set up for testing.... :D

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
gm10

Re: A day in the life.....of a Cinnamon themer

Post by gm10 »

You're going around fixing other people's themes? Lol nice, I guess.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Sort of - the Materia Cinnamon theme was a donation of mine anyway. I was just looking at Arc - it needs some love.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Well, keep up the good work. Meanwhile on MATE few things ever change, so few things break. ;)
Mage of Maple
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Mage of Maple »

gm10 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 am Well, keep up the good work.
Indeed! I hate it when you get a computer to look just the way you like and it gets taken away from you ...

I loved the look of Windows 7 with the Aero Glass. Then Microsoft deliberately made it impossible to keep that theme. Everything is driven from a uxtheme dll - they could easily have offered the option but decided not to. They went so far as to cryptographically sign the dll to prevent anyone from changing the look.

I pleaded with them ...

MoM: Please? I like the aero glass. I've grown accustomed to it. Can I please keep it?
SN: No! Hell no!
MoM: But please Mr. Chairperson? I really loved Windows 7!
SN: Yeah? Too bad! You piss off now! You piss off and you die!!!

So I switched to Linux Mint. Then I upgraded to Mint 19 and I lost my themes again. But Linux empowers its users, so thanks to Smurphus, I still have my Metabox on my workstation and the Aging Gorilla on my server :lol:

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”