Bug mate-themes LM19 Cinnamon ! Blue-Submarine theme is not visible in window borders

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gacaron

Bug mate-themes LM19 Cinnamon ! Blue-Submarine theme is not visible in window borders

Post by gacaron »

Hello,

I have a problem since yesterday following a new installation under LM19.
I can not get the theme "Blue-Submarine" (of the mate-theme package) in the themes of "Window Borders"!
This theme is nevertheless present in the themes of "Controls".

I tested a live usb LM18.2 and installation mate-themes, result:
- "Blue submarine" (and the others) present in the "Controls" part and also in the "Window borders" part!
Then a live usb LM19 and installation mate-themes, result:
- "Blue submarine" (and the others) present in the "Controls" part but ABSENT in the "Window borders" part!

I guess it's a bug, but I can not find anything on the net.

Thanks for your help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Bug mate-themes LM19 Cinnamon ! Blue-Submarine theme is not visible in window borders

Post by gm10 »

Can't repro. It's listed in Window Borders both in my installed version as well as in the live environment (just tried in a VM).
gacaron

Re: Bug mate-themes LM19 Cinnamon ! Blue-Submarine theme is not visible in window borders

Post by gacaron »

Ok thanks ;) Very strange, i don't understand, i had the iso on the official site.....
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Actually I only now properly read your subject line. You're trying to use MATE themes on Cinnamon? I only tried this with MATE, of course. Didn't know Cinnamon still supported those at all. Use Cinnamon themes on Cinnamon and you'll be good.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Cinnamon dropped compatibility with Metacity version 2 window borders themes in Cinnamon 3.8 and only uses version 3.

Mate only uses version 1 and 2 so the Mate devs distribute their themes with version 2 only.

Some themes will ship both, but not the mate-themes.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

smurphos wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:13 pm Cinnamon dropped compatibility with Metacity version 2 window borders themes in Cinnamon 3.8 and only uses version 3.
Thx, that's what I thought I remembered.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

They are normally pretty straightforward to convert.

OP - if you compare https://github.com/smurphos/Window_Bord ... heme-2.xml to https://github.com/smurphos/Window_Bord ... heme-3.xml that will give you an idea of what might need tweaking to make the window borders theme work in Cinnamon 3.8.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”