There are no wallpapers added in the window of changes to the theme of Linux Mint 19 Mate

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mykola
Level 1
Level 1

There are no wallpapers added in the window of changes to the theme of Linux Mint 19 Mate

Post by Mykola »

Good day!!! When I"m in the Linux Mint 19 Mate 64-bit on my desktop, I click the right button of the mouse and choose "Change desktop background" are only typical wallpapers, and when I add my wallpaper there, they are added, but when I close it window and reopen, the wallpapers I have added disappear, except what is currently displayed on the desktop. In previous releases this was not, I want it to be the same as before. How to fix the situation?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: There are no wallpapers added in the window of changes to the theme of Linux Mint 19 Mate

Post by smurphos »

Can you run this and see if it makes any difference. It's to fix any file ownership issues that might be preventing the backend settings file being updated with your custom images.

sudo chown -Rc $USER:$USER $HOME
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Mykola
Level 1
Level 1

Re: There are no wallpapers added in the window of changes to the theme of Linux Mint 19 Mate

Post by Mykola »

smurphos wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 am Can you run this and see if it makes any difference. It's to fix any file ownership issues that might be preventing the backend settings file being updated with your custom images.

sudo chown -Rc $USER:$USER $HOME
Thank you for answering! In general, I have installed additional wallpapers not in the home directory, but in / usr / share / backgrounds usually I always do this and before there were no problems, but after your answer decided to place in the home directory and add from there, but unfortunately nothing changed even after as I introduced the team you suggested, that is, the problem is not in the ownership

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”