Cinnamon 19 Lock Screen Editing?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Helix-the-II

Cinnamon 19 Lock Screen Editing?

Post by Helix-the-II »

Where can I edit the lock screen? The font is killing me.

Is it cinnamon-settings, cinnamon-screensaver, etc? There isn't a plethora of search results, or alternatively, I can't find the right search query.

ETA: I don't see it in cinnamon-screensaver-lock-dialog.ui or cinnamon-screensaver-lock-dialog.py
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Cinnamon 19 Lock Screen Editing?

Post by smurphos »

Via the screensaver settings module accessible from your menu is the way the developers intended.

The backend settings are in dconf - access via dconf-editor (GUI) apt install dconf-editor or via the CLI command gsettings.

Code: Select all

gsettings list-recursively org.cinnamon.desktop.screensaver
The font for the user name and password dialog (rather than the time, date etc) is your default font set via the Font Selection GUI accessed from your menu.

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Helix-the-II

Re: Cinnamon 19 Lock Screen Editing?

Post by Helix-the-II »

Cheers, gracias, danke, merci, thank you!

One of my problems was I couldn't find it in Dconf and was confused. I was using the bloody wrong editor! And despite the fact I was bashing my head in looking for those specific configurations (cinnamon-screensaver!) I kept overlooking Screensaver in the menu. But I really needed the backend, so once again, thanks!

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”