CompizConfig Static App switcher

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vistad
Level 4
Level 4

CompizConfig Static App switcher

Post by vistad »

Hello guys,
I am on LM 19.1 Mate. I use Mint-Y-Dark-Blue theme and when I use Alt+Tab to switch between open windows, I can not see the black frame - on dark grey background - that highlights the selected window in the switcher box.

The switcher settings seem to be located in CompizConfig -Window management - Static App switcher (it is enabled by default). There are Appearance tab and selection color settings. But changing values does not change the color of the current selector. Should they be effective immediately? I even tried to reboot - no effect.

Can someone show me how to change its color?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint Mate 21.2 64, fanless box with passive cooling
ColdBootII

Re: CompizConfig Static App switcher

Post by ColdBootII »

From your previous posts it appears that you're using Compiz Static Application Switcher plugin, the background seems to be theme controlled indeed, moreover, there is also a bug involved preventing change of the background color in CCSM.

Anyway, it is far from being hopeless struggle since you can still configure the Highlight Mode to "Bring Selected To Front" which moves the selected app right in front of you, thus making it pretty clear which app you'll switch to when you release the keys.

HTH, cheers

vistad
Level 4
Level 4

Re: CompizConfig Static App switcher

Post by vistad »

Thank you, I'll try that.
Linux Mint Mate 21.2 64, fanless box with passive cooling

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”