How to change font colours

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
linux kiwi

How to change font colours

Post by linux kiwi »

Hi fellow mint heads,
Am woundering how to change font colours for example for highliting text and folders etc.
I have a list of hex colours,
thanks in advance,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zaileion
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to change font colours

Post by zaileion »

Good question. There used to be an option for this in Mate, but it seems to be gone now... So far i have had to find a theme that had the color i liked or at least tolerated...
Mister Cabbage

Post by Mister Cabbage »

howdy, try installing oomox theme designer from the mint software manager. it's a flatpak application, so hopefully you still have the flatpak "framework" still installed.

i just started using it myself, so i'm no expert on using it yet but it seems pretty handy. i haven't figured out how to import existing cinnamon themes yet, if that's possible. it does however install with some included themes that you can clone, modify, and export so that might still help you. it gives you the option to customize the colors for selected text [highlighted text]. also when exporting a theme, it has an option to export for cinnamon desktop. i think it may still be necessary to customize some settings by hand inside the css files for your theme(s), but this is at least a head start.
appsdev

Post by appsdev »

you mean font colors in html css
then this is an option to code
<body>
<div class="colorchange">
Want to change the color as per the hex

</div>
</body>

now call the class in css doc file
.colorchange{