nesting panel icons in mint

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Wanbli
Level 1
Level 1

nesting panel icons in mint

Post by Wanbli »

I've been using mint 20 (Cinnamon) for a while now, and honestly, I really like it. :D
Having come here from windows 7, there are a few things I miss, one of which is the way windows will nest an Icon when the app is opened to the Icon on the dock (Panel). Mint just adds another Icon occurance to the panel, for each open app. For example, I have 2 spreadsheets open. In windows the Icons would be "Nested" on top of each other. However in Mint there are now 3 Icon appearaces (one for each spreadsheet and one for the launcher). This results in a panel FULL of Icons pretty quickly. Is there some way to modify this behavior to match that of Windows? :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LanceM

Re: nesting panel icons in mint

Post by LanceM »

Try this: Right click any panel icon that's not open, choose preferences>configure>general tab. On the general tab, turn on group windows by application. Also look at the Panel tab and the dropdown, choose Application name. There are other choices to try also. What that will do is have one panel icon and a wee number of how many are open and give the app name. To choose, you mouse over it and select the one you want.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”