Mint Y and Adwaita Icons don't play nice. Can I edit a CSS file or something to fix it?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hugh Neutron
Level 4
Level 4

Mint Y and Adwaita Icons don't play nice. Can I edit a CSS file or something to fix it?

Post by Hugh Neutron »

Hello, I am using Mint Y with GNOME Adwaita Icons. Mate's dark bookmark bar and Adwaita's dark bookmark preview icons make it hard to see. It definitely needs contrasting. At first I was thinking about modifying Adwaita's icons in a Gimp batch editing plugin. Then I realized it would probably be a whole lot easier to edit Mint Y's MATE/Caja bookmark bars color in a CSS file. How do I go about changing Mint-Y's Caja bookmark bar color in Linux Mint 19x?

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
always wanting to learn more about Linux. It saved me from the Windows 10 telemetry and SAAS nightmare.
Hugh Neutron
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint Y and Adwaita Icons don't play nice. Can I edit a CSS file or something to fix it?

Post by Hugh Neutron »

Late last night I kinda solved the problem by editing a Mint Y theme's CSS file and changing Caja's side bar color and text. I prefer using Adwaita Icons because they respect developers hard work. https://stopthemingmy.app/
always wanting to learn more about Linux. It saved me from the Windows 10 telemetry and SAAS nightmare.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”