How to unlock The pictures?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LP2Lily
Level 1
Level 1

How to unlock The pictures?

Post by LP2Lily »

I think I figured out why the "new topic," thing was missing. I apologize for being rusty at using the forums. My bad...

The problem I ran into recently has been the window manager for Backgrounds on Linux Mint. All the pictures are white-out. I can't seem to find the unlock button. When ever I search this in a search engine I get anything from ads to windows how-to stuff. Not entirely sure what I am doing wrong on this. Perhaps some one could point me in the correct direction. Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I have a pen that can write under water. It can write other words as well. "I am a young at heart furry and tulpamancer." Tech knowledge keeps me from losing my sanity.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How to unlock The pictures?

Post by jimallyn »

There is no Unlock button, nor is there a Lock button. No idea why the pictures would be whited-out. The backgrounds are stored in /usr/share/backgrounds. If you navigate there with your file browser, can you see the images when you double click them?
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
michael-hi
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to unlock The pictures?

Post by michael-hi »

Hi LP2Lily,

It occurs to me that if you're using Xfce, the situation you describe could be one of two things, as explained in my post last year on a similar thread:
viewtopic.php?p=1766596#p1766596

Sorry this isn't much help if you're using Cinnamon or MATE! :)

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”