LM Cinnamon, Change lock screen profile picture frame to circular

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shadow29warrior
Level 1
Level 1

LM Cinnamon, Change lock screen profile picture frame to circular

Post by shadow29warrior »

I am using Linux mint cinnamon 20.2. I want to change my lock screen profile picture frame to circular from the square. I uploaded the circular image assuming it would adjust but the frame clearly is square. How do I change the frame to circular instead of square to fit my profile picture?

I have attached a picture below. As you can see the there is a purple frame on my circular image which does not look good at all.
https://ibb.co/X3BVqKj
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
legacypowers
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LM Cinnamon, Change lock screen profile picture frame to circular

Post by legacypowers »

if i'm not mistaken you can change the dialog, you can install Glade(sudo apt install glade) and if you are using Cinnamon(seems like it is deducing from your screenshot)
make a backup-copy (sudo cp /usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-screensaver-lock-dialog/cinnamon-screensaver-lock-dialog.ui /usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-screensaver-lock-dialog/cinnamon-screensaver-lock-dialog.ui.bak)
you can open the file on glade(or your favorite text editor)

Code: Select all

/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-screensaver-lock-dialog/cinnamon-screensaver-lock-dialog.ui
and remove the frame.
I'm not sure but i think it might be able to do it with some theming.
Terminal - zsh wrote: ╭─legacy@forums.linuxmint.com
╰─➜ _

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”