Adding new XFCE themes help!

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintyglue

Adding new XFCE themes help!

Post by mintyglue »

I've managed to get over 200 different Terminal themes with this method https://mayccoll.github.io/Gogh/

Can something similar be done for different styles and icons? I've tried the copying the downloaded theme folder to .themes in home folder, but that only gives me the option to change Window Manager appearance. I want to add new style(folder colors) and icons in regular Appearance setteings, but can't seem to find how. I've also copied themes to /usr/share/themes and it doesn't work, not even after logging off and in again. Please help me, thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dm999

Re: Adding new XFCE themes help!

Post by dm999 »

Icon themes need to be copied to .icons in the home folder (create it if it isn't already there).

Then open 'Appearance > Icons' to select the required icon theme.
sebastjava
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Adding new XFCE themes help!

Post by sebastjava »

mintyglue wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:21 am I've also copied themes to /usr/share/themes and it doesn't work, not even after logging off and in again. Please help me, thanks!
Well, it should work ! I don't know what is happening, I have no data, no screenshots. Start by making sure your themes are not inside some sub-directory, just directly placed into /usr/share/themes/YOUR-THEME-DIRECTORY. And this theme directory must contains sub-directories and files such as: cinnamon, gtk-2.0, gtk-3.0, index.theme, metacity-1, xfwm4... Just compare with your standard /usr/share/themes/Mint-Y...
The future Linux Mint Forums is here.
Self-Appointed Benevolent Designer on Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”