How to incorporate own Mint-Y icons into the theme?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
junglized
Level 1
Level 1

How to incorporate own Mint-Y icons into the theme?

Post by junglized »

Hi All,

I was wondering recently, is there is any way to add own icons to MIn-Y theme? Any automatic process via script maybe?

I created three icons, for Local by Flywheel, PhotoGIMP and Codium, added them via .desktop file but they just don't scale properly with the rest of icons...

All help will be much appreciated, thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jungle is massive!
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: How to incorporate own Mint-Y icons into the theme?

Post by mikeflan »

Howdy. No need to add it to an existing theme - just create your own. Move down to the mkdir -p ~/.icon part of this webpage:
https://helpdeskgeek.com/linux-tips/how ... -in-linux/

I don't do this, so let us know if this is what you want to do.
junglized
Level 1
Level 1

Post by junglized »

Thanks for a reply.

I have my icons placed in ~/.icons but Plank dock displays them a tiny bit smaller than icons added from Mint-Y theme, unfortunately. I actually forgot that I asked this question and posted another one with a screenshot showing what I mean.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=380949&p=2226547#p2226547
Jungle is massive!
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Post by billyswong »

In "/usr/share/icons/Mint-Y/apps" the app icons are multi-sized with 16 of them in total (if we ignore the "symbolic" folder). One may imitate the folder structure in "~/.local/share/icons/hicolor" to create all the exact sizes. For example, in my PC, Wine is putting the Windows Pinball icon into "~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/1F9E_pinball.0.png", together with "32x32" and "16x16" in their respective folder.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”