How to remove custom WIndow Borders?

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
James19932022
Level 2
Level 2

How to remove custom WIndow Borders?

Post by James19932022 »

Hi,

i'm having trouble uninstalling/removing some custom window borders that i downloaded. any helpful advice would be great.

NOTE: i got the "link(s) fto dowload the window Bordes from this website, but can't seem to find the post
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-06-26 09-38-55.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
surfer57
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How to remove custom WIndow Borders?

Post by surfer57 »

All custom Window Borders will be located in the .themes folder in your home folder or in usr/share/themes (you will have to have root elevated access to delete any themes in usr/share/themes)

You should find the named custom Window Borders in the home folder and delete or move to trash. I would suggest moving to trash first and then you can restore them if you decide later to do so. If you downloaded these, they should only be in your home folder under .themes (you will have to show hidden files to see the .themes folder by using Ctrl H)

However, you may want to check to see if they are also in the usr/share/themes folder. Normally if you download and install them yourself, just for yourself, they should be placed in the .themes folder. If they are in usr/share/themes, they are available for all users, and with root access, you can delete.
Restrictive EULAs launched the search for the perfect alternative. So, yeah, thanks for that..........
James19932022
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How to remove custom WIndow Borders?

Post by James19932022 »

thanks, that helped

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”