Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Useful mouse tricks:

Post by wallyUSA »

1 – Double-click on a word to select it.

2 – Triple-click on a word to instantly select the entire paragraph that contains it.

3 – Click the mouse wheel (press down on it with your finger) to open a link in a new window or tab.

4 – Hold the Ctrl key while rolling the mouse wheel to zoom in or out and change the font size. Hold the Ctrl key and press the 0 key (that’s zero, not the letter O) to return the zoom level and font size to their original states.

:idea:
Mint 20.2 Cinnamon 5.0.6 Kernel 5.4.0-89 {Dell XPS 13}

> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <
vimes666
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Useful mouse tricks:

Post by vimes666 »

But what does a shift-left-click do? I have a hard time figuring it out.
If you think the issue is solved, edit your original post and add the word solved to the title.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

vimes666 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:27 pm
But what does a shift-left-click do? I have a hard time figuring it out.
Try searching online for "shift-left-click". It is probably varies by OS and app!?

> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <
vimes666
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vimes666 »

I did but I found so many complaints that it doesnt do what it is supposed to do that I still do not know what its supposed to do (in linux).
When I try it does not always do the same thing :)
If you think the issue is solved, edit your original post and add the word solved to the title.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

vimes666 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:04 pm
I did but I found so many complaints that it doesnt do what it is supposed to do that I still do not know what its supposed to do (in linux).
When I try it does not always do the same thing :)
It is probably not a universal standard and different apps do different things!?

gittiest personITW
Level 9
Level 9

Post by gittiest personITW »

I find that it selects everything between the place you click your left mouse and the time you press shift + left mouse click.
Quite handy but it is the same as just highlighting a bunch of text.