Cairo Doc Upgrade Problems

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
atanasoff
Level 1
Level 1

Cairo Doc Upgrade Problems

Post by atanasoff »

Hi
I'm running Mint 19 (tara "I Think)
Update manager is trying to upgrade to cairo-dock 3.4.1-1.2

But I get this message:
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/cairo-dock-core_3.4.1-1.2_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/cairo-dock-session', which is also in package cairo-dock-data 3.4.1-0ubuntu1

I have tried a whole host of things but can't seem to fix this. Please help.

I got this problem after upgrading from mint 17 ... I think it was.
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Cairo Doc Upgrade Problems

Post by GELvdH »

From what I understand, 19.x is reaching it's end of life cycle so it behooves you to update your system. Here is a list of the requirements. I don't believe you can upgrade from 19.x directly to 21.1 so you will have to go in steps. Good luck. :)

viewtopic.php?f=143&t=235992
zcot
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Cairo Doc Upgrade Problems

Post by zcot »

Mint 19 goes EOL in April.

What you can do for that error, remove the cairo-dock, then just install it again. You will remove it and that will take out all 3 packages that are mentioned above(and more), and then you will not have the issue about upgrading. Now you simply install it again, and it will pull all the new packages that are compatible with each other at the same time.

apt autoremove cairo-dock (this might be sufficent)

But you can check: apt search cairo-dock (is anything left that is shown as installed? it will start with i at the beginning of the line)

If something is there, you could: apt autoremove cairo-dock-*

Using autoremove should pull off the rest of the related packages that are dependent with each other.

Make sure nothing is left, now: apt install cairo-dock

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”