Unable to launch application from Docky.

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MM4

Unable to launch application from Docky.

Post by MM4 »

Hi. I have a portable application called 'DeaDBeef' (music player) that will not launch from Docky. I extracted the application's folder to /home/Programs. Upon launching the application, it's icon was visible in Docky, but I was not given the option to pin to dock. I right-clicked on the program's icon and clicked 'Make Link', and dragged it into Docky; I was able to do that, but clicking it only causes it to bounce a couple of times, and then nothing else happens. I also tried AWN, and it outright refused to take the shortcut when I tried to drag it into the dock.

The Archive manager lists the application's icon as 'Unknown'. After extraction, the icon is a light-purple diamond shape with the gears inside. The file properties list it as 'executable (application/x-executable)'. I was thinking it could be the file-type conflicting with Docky, but then why wouldn't the shortcut work?

The application launches just fine from its folder or the Desktop (via the shortcut).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Unable to launch application from Docky.

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”