Starting Compiz at startup in Linux Mint

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Anubisone

Starting Compiz at startup in Linux Mint

Post by Anubisone »

Hi,

currently I have Linux Mint 12 with cairo and unfortunately every time I need to start Compiz by using console. I was trying to find some menu in Menu with startup session but there is nothing there.

I just want to start

Code: Select all

compiz --replace
automatically.

Tried also to read and use this idea:
http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.ph ... up#p653290
without success, cause there is no mateconf-editor in Linux Mint 12.

Where can I get it done and how guys? I'm stuck in a bottle. Please help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
eanfrid

Re: Starting Compiz at startup in Linux Mint

Post by eanfrid »

Just install the "fusion-icon" package. You will be able to set the parameters you want by clicking on this panel icon.
Anubisone

Post by Anubisone »

eanfrid wrote:Just install the "fusion-icon" package. You will be able to set the parameters you want by clicking on this panel icon.
I installed it with compiz alltogether, but where is that icon. Inside compiz manager. The only thing I see is CompizSwitch from Cairo, but without any options.
eanfrid

Post by eanfrid »

I never used cairo-dock. This icon should be started once from your apps menu and then it will appear in XFCE/Gnome 2.x notification area. After this initial config, the icon will be automatically launched at session start and immediately switch your desktop to compiz.
Anubisone

Post by Anubisone »

eanfrid wrote:I never used cairo-dock. This icon should be started once from your apps menu and then it will appear in XFCE/Gnome 2.x notification area. After this initial config, the icon will be automatically launched at session start and immediately switch your desktop to compiz.
Unfortunately I think the icon wont show because in my menu there is no Preference option with sublist. Only System Tools if U know what I mean. It is like that after compiz--replace. Not mention the list of errors I get from console xD

But effects are working ];>
Anubisone

Post by Anubisone »

eanfrid wrote:I never used cairo-dock. This icon should be started once from your apps menu and then it will appear in XFCE/Gnome 2.x notification area. After this initial config, the icon will be automatically launched at session start and immediately switch your desktop to compiz.
Currently I managed to install the icon. She appears in the top right corner of KDE menu. Now will try to reset my OS after reloading the manager, that is Compiz in the menu of the icon.

Hope it starts automatically now .)

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”