compiz-fusion-plugins-extra not functioning on LM14 Mate

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brahim Salem

compiz-fusion-plugins-extra not functioning on LM14 Mate

Post by Brahim Salem »

I have Linux Mint 14 Mate edition runnig on dual-boot with Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon. The thing is that I had a nostalgic fit for the burn and explode effects. Having compiz already installed and functional, I went on the hunt for the notorious "compiz-fusion-plugins-extra" which wasn't there in the repositiory. i have installed version 0.9.7.0~bzr9-0ubuntu6 which was made for ubuntu 12.04 pecise and tried to enable the animation addons and the next thing I realized they are not there. So i went looking for a Nadia-compatible version ans went to http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/co ... gins-extra and it says:

"WARNING: the "compiz-fusion-plugins-extra" package was deleted from this repository"

And my question is what should I do to get these effects working on Linux Mint 14 Nadia Mate edition :roll:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
andreya

Re: compiz-fusion-plugins-extra not functioning on LM14 Mate

Post by andreya »

same in here
after i install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
still no extra effect in my ccm

what i expected is
extra effects appear in the options on the ccm

LM14MATE

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”