Compiz burn effect while closing Window

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sensenku

Compiz burn effect while closing Window

Post by sensenku »

HI. I d like to install burning effect on my Linux Mint 17.3. I activated Compiz and installed compiz-plugins-extra and still no burning animation for closing windows.

Please help me and thank you a lot.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Goz
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Compiz burn effect while closing Window

Post by Goz »

I had Compiz for years and I never could get the window burning effect...I got the mouse to burn though..
If you get it going,would you let us know how you did it?
Think of Windows 10 as Hotel California for computers.
Bucolique
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Compiz burn effect while closing Window

Post by Bucolique »

Hi !

I'm a new customer to this forum. I'm using 18.1 and also would like to have the burn effect. I think it's because with 18.1 and also 18.2 we don't have the latest CCSM. I saw a youtube video where an Ubuntu 16.10 user reported his version of CCSM was 0.9.13 and he had many more choices (including burn) in the animations. What we have is 0.9.12. You do get some animation with it but many including the burn effect isn't there.

Not to hijack this thread, but if someone knows how you can upgrade CCSM from 0.9.12 to 0.9.13 I would like to know about it. It would also satisfy the OP on this thread I think.

Regards,
RDL

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”