Two instances of Conky at startup

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
idle

Two instances of Conky at startup

Post by idle »

I am using Mint 17.3 (new install) and have found in System Monitor there are two instances of Conky running at startup :?

Here's where things get strange ...

I found Conky is listed in Startup Applications (0 Delay) with an off/on switch. If I flick the switch to off (thinking that will get rid of one of the instances) Conky doesn't start at all.

I don't know why its doing this, and would greatly appreciate some help sorting it out.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ostracized

Re: Two instances of Conky at startup

Post by ostracized »

idle wrote:I am using Mint 17.3 (new install) and have found in System Monitor there are two instances of Conky running at startup :?

Here's where things get strange ...

I found Conky is listed in Startup Applications (0 Delay) with an off/on switch. If I flick the switch to off (thinking that will get rid of one of the instances) Conky doesn't start at all.

I don't know why its doing this, and would greatly appreciate some help sorting it out.

By "switch" do you mean "checkbox" within the list of startup applications? Click edit, paste the command here, and if it's something like a .sh file, also paste its contents here.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Two instances of Conky at startup

Post by all41 »

perhaps your conky is running two .rc files

In the system monitor right click on each instance of conky and choose
Properties--then scroll down to read the Command line to find out what process it is calling.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”