Annoying conky problem

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trippin

Annoying conky problem

Post by trippin »

When I apply the "Gotham" widget it creates a window and displays inside of there. I tired other widgets and they work fine. This is still happening after a fresh usb install. Hoping someone can tell me what I need to do to fix this : )
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kdemeoz

Re: Annoying conky problem

Post by kdemeoz »

You've not mentioned some pretty important info, including what Mint version, & what Mint desktop environment. If your version is older than 18 i can't help, as Conky worked fine for me (including that specific widget*] when i still ran Mint 17.3 KDE4 in my Tower & Lappy. However, since i upgraded Lappy to Mint 18 Xfce, that widget* misbehaved as you described [due to the underlying Ubuntu 16.04 / Conky 1.10 base]. After researching it i was able to solve it per this method: https://coreygoldberg.blogspot.com.au/2 ... -back.html

* Ooh, no, wrong. For me that widget still behaved, but the one that misbehaved as you described was conky_seamod. It's probably still worthwhile trying that link; it worked for me.
obertuckerz112

Re: Annoying conky problem

Post by obertuckerz112 »

Hey zephyrus17, you're right about sans and use_spacers working together the way you want them to. But gladly you can use the $goto variable to move the next item to a specified position (in pixels). This is how I do it. It takes a bit more of an effort to set up, but this way you end up having your stuff exactly where you want them to be without the problem of the rest of the text moving around.
Hope it helps!

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”