Docky and Cinnamon Problem

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Divine_Serpent

Docky and Cinnamon Problem

Post by Divine_Serpent »

So, when I set Docky up to look like Unity (I like the interface but Docky+Cinnamon is easier I think), notice how the panel overlaps docky.
http://i.imgur.com/qoQAzJW.png

Anyway somebody could configure the panel to not overlap it? Should I reach out to the developers of Docky instead?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TooMuchTime

Re: Docky and Cinnamon Problem

Post by TooMuchTime »

I just installed Docky to go through this but I don't use it. I use Cairo-Dock (Lots of nice themes and such). I did use Docky at one time and you pretty much have two choices. Either uncheck the Panel Mode box in Docky settings or autohide your panel. Neither will be want you want. I also just installed Plank and got the same results as you did with Docky. And I don't see a way to alter the panel settings to get the results you want either. The other alternative is to move all of your panel applets to the dock and not run the panel.

Unless someone else knows the secret to making these docks look like the Ubuntu panel, I don't know.
Divine_Serpent

Post by Divine_Serpent »

TooMuchTime wrote:I just installed Docky to go through this but I don't use it. I use Cairo-Dock (Lots of nice themes and such). I did use Docky at one time and you pretty much have two choices. Either uncheck the Panel Mode box in Docky settings or autohide your panel. Neither will be want you want. I also just installed Plank and got the same results as you did with Docky. And I don't see a way to alter the panel settings to get the results you want either. The other alternative is to move all of your panel applets to the dock and not run the panel.

Unless someone else knows the secret to making these docks look like the Ubuntu panel, I don't know.
I installed Cairo-Dock, but it looks complicated at first sight. Before I go through the learning curve, can you place it to the left and does the Cinnamon panel overlap it on your screen? If it works for you, then I'll play around with Cairo-Dock and get used to it.
TooMuchTime

Post by TooMuchTime »

Yes, you can anchor it to the left but there is no option to expand it across the entire screen regardless of where it is anchored. There are so many themes you'll have to choose the one that looks and acts like Unity. Mostly, it's a Mac-like dock. On every theme I've tried the icons always get larger when you hover over them. However, you can change icons. Here's what my default dock looks like.

I like it because it works for me and it's easier than the menu for the things I use the most.
Divine_Serpent

Post by Divine_Serpent »

I've just accepted to install Unity if I really want it that bad. Also, I use Docky for a Mac-like look as well. :)
http://i.imgur.com/f3qDVoG.png

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”