Problem with Cairo dock + cinnamon

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bandik

Problem with Cairo dock + cinnamon

Post by bandik »

I make a fresh installation of Linux mint 18 cinnamon. I install cairo dock but don't let me configure the items on the menu.
I make right click on cairo app menu and click on configuration menu. I unmark "Ayuda", "Calculadora" and "Lector de pantalla" but still on the menu.

I check on cinnamon menu and there's no items.

So I going to check the cinnamon configuration menu and there's the same menu!

What's happening here? I want to configure what items I show on cairo.
The menus of cairo ain't good neither. There's accessories and utilities when only has to be accesories, and two folders of preferences and administration, when that folders are on system tools too.

Some ideas?' I check on a VM and same problem...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bandik

Re: Problem with Cairo dock + cinnamon

Post by bandik »

I found the config file for cinnamon menu.
Edit: Cairo should get the cinnamon config file, but it doesn't I don't know why...
bandik

Post by bandik »

Well I found a solution..I post for somebody who need it because there's not much information about this issue.
I install menulibre.
Go to ~/.config/cairo-dock/current_theme/plug-ins/Gmenu
Search "config menu" line and write menulibre. (Write cinnamon-menu-editor if you don't like menulibre and you want get back)

With this menu the config is for both sides, cairo and cinnamon.

If you got another desktop try installing kmenuedit,ezame or alacarte.

Thanks.
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

It looks to me like you've got the Mint Menu on the dock itself. Cairo-Dock can't configure specific menu items or the Mint menu itself. Cairo-Dock can only configure what you place on the dock. If you right-click the dock (not an item), choose Cairo-Dock > Configure. If you want to configure the Mint menu then yes, something like MenuLibre is your best choice.

I know that Cairo-Dock works fine in Cinnamon. Here's my Mint 18.1 desktop.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”