Conky widget to embedded into desktop HELP

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wedjlok

Conky widget to embedded into desktop HELP

Post by wedjlok »

I have what could be a simple, or stupid, question I hope. I have noticed that with certain themes, the desktop itself seems to embed the graph that Conky calls, as if it's the wallpaper itself. Whereas some of the other ones within it are just simply widgets that float on top of the screen.

So what I'm asking is (being pretty new to Conky itself) is how to get what is NOW a widget to NOT BE a widget, but instead be "embedded" in the dekstop such as they are in some themes. I hope that makes sense.

I have everything running fine with Concky, as well as the Conky Manager (2.4). Any direction would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
prestonR

Re: Conky widget to embedded into desktop HELP

Post by prestonR »

In conky manager >> Edit widget >> play with the transparency
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

find the line in conky that says own_window_type and change it however you see fit. i like to use dock because of nvidia. (using dock will always start at top left and moving to bottom right with conky manager will not work. edit widget and move location with horizontal/vertical gap)
#all options for own_window_type are normal, desktop, dock, panel or override
own_window_type dock
wedjlok

Post by wedjlok »

I've been setting it to the window type as desktop and it seems to be working the way I want. Although now that I'm mainly using openbox, it's a whole different beast. :D

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”