[LM 18.1 MATE Edition] My system clock ignores my settings

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rdlf4
Level 2
Level 2

[LM 18.1 MATE Edition] My system clock ignores my settings

Post by rdlf4 »

Hello,

As the title suggests, I have to adjust my time settings every time I turn on or reboot my system. My CMOS battery is just fine, but for whatever reason Linux Mint resets my time back 4 hours.
Now here comes some extra info which that might have something to do with this: I'm using Avant-Window-Navigator (Yes, I know it's 2017 but still) and one of its applets is Digital Clock 0.4.1.
Whether I set the time manually or select my timezone (keep synchronized with internet services), none of those settings will last after the system is shut down or rebooted.

I decided to make this thread because the IRC channel folks suggested me to do so and because there isn't a patch to fix this issue (not even from Update Manager).
Please let me know if there's any details or extra info I need to provide in order to figure this out.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: [LM 18.1 MATE Edition] My system clock ignores my settings

Post by MrEen »

In the terminal, try this:

Code: Select all

timedatectl set-local-rtc 1 --adjust-system-clock

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”