KOdachi style spices

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kachada

KOdachi style spices

Post by kachada »

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong section, if it is please direct me to the correct place.

I'm trying to find a desktop widget(s) which are used in Kodachi (https://www.digi77.com/linux-kodachi/). I've hunted and hunted but can't find anything similar. Are they part of kodachi core? Can they be exported?

I'd love to get these onto my Mint desktop

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zcot
Level 9
Level 9

Re: KOdachi style spices

Post by zcot »

It looks like conky. I'm seeing the "conky rings" which gives it away.

So you can just download that iso and extract the relevant files to use with conky if you want exactly that.

You mention spices so I would guess you are using Cinnamon but I'm not sure how those work, but there might be some way to convert them or something making them into a spice integration.. not even sure that is necessary.

The original conky ring stuff(and more) was done by wlourf and he has a great blog where there is instructions for every element and how it works. And many other people have slashed-up their own configs from it so there is a lot available if you are interested in that part of it.

Tell us how it goes! :D

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”