Speed reading screenlet?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Taozi
Level 1
Level 1

Speed reading screenlet?

Post by Taozi »

HI all,

Recently I started training myself speed reading skills, and began to wonder whether it's possible to have such a widget on my laptop.

The basic idea is actually quite simple: draw vertical lines on the screen and make them "always on top". The feature list is is also minimum: be able to shift those lines horizontally. Of course, more features could be added, like line color or thickness. With those lines guiding the eyes, user can speed-read the background pdf, webpage, ebook, etc. An example of this idea is attached.

I myself have no experience developing screenlet, AFAIK, it is written in javascript, along with some other files. As so many of screenlet/applets/... have been developed, I hope someone is willing to turn this idea into implementation -- you own all the credit of course.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
orschiro
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Speed reading screenlet?

Post by orschiro »

Not a screenlet but are you already using one of the dozen web browser extensions for this as well as native programs like http://xmodulo.com/speed-read-linux.html

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”