WINE Program Launchers in Cairo Dock

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DAKAVAJO

WINE Program Launchers in Cairo Dock

Post by DAKAVAJO »

I'm using Mint 18.3 Cinnamon. I have a Windows program which I installed in WINE and it's working perfectly.
But here's the issue I'm dealing with - I created a launcher for this program on the Cairo Dock. The launcher works great. But every time I reboot the system the launcher is gone and I have to create a new one. I can't figure out how to make it stick. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hapgood
Level 2
Level 2

Re: WINE Program Launchers in Cairo Dock

Post by Hapgood »

I've had the same problem. But in my case, I had a launcher on the desktop (created from Cinnamon's program launcher) that I copied into Cairo-Dock. When I deleted the launcher from the desktop (because I no longer needed it), it disappeared from Cairo-Dock. I solved that by creating a folder under Documents and moved my Wine launchers into that folder. Then they stuck after I copied them into Cairo-Dock. For reasons I can't explain, Cairo-Dock seems to need the launcher to also be available somewhere else, either the desktop or a permanent location.

The other approach I've found is to copy the Wine launcher's command using Properties, and paste it into the command field of a new item in the Cairo-Dock editor. That is "sticky," but it requires hunting for the PNG icon image to give the launcher the correct icon. Cairo-Dock is pretty good, but it still has some rough edges that need smoothing.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”