Conky Showoff thread

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ostracized

Re: Conky Showoff thread

Post by ostracized »

Sector11 wrote:

Code: Select all

${execpi 900 LAR=`date +%-d`; ncal -bh | sed '2d' | sed -e '1d' -e 's/\<'$LAR'\>/${color5}&${color}/' | sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/\n${goto 175}/g'}${color}
That was the single example I've found. And after further testing I believe I've found the answer. In order to combine awk and print and force Conky to parse its own variables, there needs to be some degree of separation so arguments get passed to execpi as literal strings, in my case quotation marks are needed (tick marks are not a substitute):

awk '{print "${color 0ABFFF}"$3"$color",(substr($0,23))}'

...that finally did it. My guess that print was evaluated before execpi, probably errors, and passes nothing to execpi. However in the above instance, the literal string, "${color 0ABFFF}+[$3 eval]+$color" is passed to execpi, and that's why it works. Sed probably works in your instance because that color variable isn't "evaluated" before it's passed as an implicit regex string.
ostracized

Post by ostracized »

Sector11 wrote:"loop" I think, may refer to "update_interval". Not 100% sure though.
You're right. Confirmed on my box that ${execp sensors|grep 'Core 1'|cut -c18-24} updates every second -- the update interval in my config.

Wanna know some bad news? This also applies to our newly talked-about execpi variable as well, regardless of what execpi's interval is set at.

If I'm not mistaken (I am), if you also have update_interval 1 in your config, then your statement,

${execpi 900 LAR=`date +%-d`; ncal -bh | sed '2d' | sed -e '1d' -e 's/\<'$LAR'\>/${color5}&${color}/' | sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/\n${goto 175}/g'}${color}
...is evaluated every second, not 900. :|
edit: bug probably due to not properly restarting Conky.
Last edited by ostracized on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

ostracized wrote:
Sector11 wrote:"loop" I think, may refer to "update_interval". Not 100% sure though.
You're right. Confirmed on my box that ${execp sensors|grep 'Core 1'|cut -c18-24} updates every second -- the update interval in my config.

Wanna know some bad news? This also applies to our newly talked-about execpi variable as well, regardless of what execpi's interval is set at.

If I'm not mistaken, if you also have update_interval 1 in your config, then your statement,

...is evaluated every second, not 900. :|
@ ostracized
One right for me - one right for you. We're doing well.

I have a couple of conkys here that have a LOT of ${execpi ...} commands I think I'll test.

And I'll leave this with you regarding 'sensors', Using Sensors, just because mrpeachy did a wonderful job with it.
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

@ ostracized
One right for me - one right for you. We're doing well.

I have a couple of conkys here that have a LOT of ${execpi ...} commands I think I'll test.
${execpi 1 ...}
${execpi 10 ...}
${execpi 1000 ...}
${execpi 86400 ...}

and see how each affect the CPU usage.
EDIT: Back later with results

= = = = =
And I'll leave this with you regarding 'sensors', Using Sensors, just because mrpeachy did a wonderful job with it.[/quote]
Last edited by Sector11 on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

Saving CPU Resources in Conky

And the results are in ... a conky using update_interval 1 (unchanged during the test) with 50 x ${pre_exec ...} commands had a little CPU usage section added at the bottom ... like this:

${color6}${membar 0,42}${color5} BunsenLabs Hydrogen (Jessie) ${color6}${membar 0}${color}
  RC1  09/09/15: ${color1}${pre_exec conkyDateDiff 20150909}${goto 305}${color5}${pre_exec conkyDaysDiff 20150909}${color}
  RC2  16/02/16: ${color1}${pre_exec conkyDateDiff 20160216}${goto 305}${color5}${pre_exec conkyDaysDiff 20160216}${color}

${color1}${swapbar 0}${color}
pre_exec x50 updates @ 1 second

${alignc}${color5}CPU %
${alignc}${color6}Total:${color} ${if_match ${cpu cpu0} < 10}  ${cpu cpu0}\
${else}${if_match ${cpu cpu0} < 100} ${cpu cpu0}\
${else}${color9}${cpu cpu0}${color}${endif}${endif}
${alignc}${color5}${swapbar 0,20}
${alignc}| ${color6}1${color} ${if_match ${cpu cpu1} < 10}  ${cpu cpu1}\
${else}${if_match ${cpu cpu1} < 100} ${cpu cpu1}\
${else}${color9}${cpu cpu1}${color}${endif}${endif} | \
${alignc}${color6}2${color} ${if_match ${cpu cpu2} < 10}  ${cpu cpu2}\
${else}${if_match ${cpu cpu2} < 100} ${cpu cpu2}\
${else}${color9}${cpu cpu2}${color}${endif}${endif} | \
${alignc}${color6}3${color} ${if_match ${cpu cpu3} < 10}  ${cpu cpu3}\
${else}${if_match ${cpu cpu3} < 100} ${cpu cpu3}\
${else}${color9}${cpu cpu3}${color}${endif}${endif} |
${color1}${swapbar 0}${color}
Started with pre_exec = Total 1% Image

Changed to exec = Total 19% image

Changed to execpi 1 = Total 19% image

Changed to execpi 10 = Total 1% (when execpi is NOT updating, ie seconds 1 to 9) image

Changed to execpi 10 = Total 11% (when execpi is updating, ie 10th second) image

Changed to execpi 86400= 1% image

So I guess that pretty well answers that question. :)

My conky has been returned to 50x ${pre_exec ...} commands. although ${execpi 86400} would do the same.

Did not test with execi ... since I thought parsing would draw more resources.
ostracized

Post by ostracized »

Sector11 wrote: Changed to execpi 10 = Total 1% (when execpi is NOT updating, ie seconds 1 to 9) image
Changed to execpi 10 = Total 11% (when execpi is updating, ie 10th second) image
Ok, well I swear this code was updating every second as every syslog entry was painted every second:
${execpi 90 tail -n4 /var/log/syslog | awk '{print "${color 0ABFFF}"$3"$color",(substr($0,23))}' | fold -s43}
...and now I can't reproduce it :lol: (aka, it's now on the correct 90 second interval) because that side-effect might have been the result of saving the Conky config file in-place instead of properly restarting Conky after saving the config. :shock:

Here's the variable page again:
Configuration Variables wrote:execpi
Same as execp, but with an interval. Note that the output from the $execpi command is still parsed and evaluated at every interval.
...I took "every interval" as being the update_interval versus execpi's interval because I was experiencing odd behavior updating every second.

Interesting results on your end. Why would exec take up so many resources on its own if it's not supposed to be doing anything after a first round? I would like to see limited testing for execi though or would it be roughly similar to execpi?

Let's talk about something else...wanna know the current UTC time (in red) without doing ${color red}${utime %H:%M:%S}?
Well here you go: ${execp date -u '+${color red}%H:%M:%S'} Everyone should quickly reference UTC. :D

Good night and thanks for the insight.
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

ostracized wrote:Interesting results on your end. Why would exec take up so many resources on its own if it's not supposed to be doing anything after a first round? I would like to see limited testing for execi though or would it be roughly similar to execpi?
Who says "it's not supposed to be doing anything after a first round?" It updates at every update_interval that's why the warning that it is hard on resources.

execi should be the same as execpi except it will not 'parse' commands. Will test tomorrow with the same conky I did before. Now it's wife time.
ostracized wrote: Let's talk about something else...wanna know the current UTC time (in red) without doing ${color red}${utime %H:%M:%S}?
Well here you go: ${execp date -u '+${color red}%H:%M:%S'} Everyone should quickly reference UTC. :D

Good night and thanks for the insight.
I like using the "date" command in conky and use it in quite a few of Teo's weather scripts.

BTW: execp comes with the same warning as exec
execp command
...[snip] warning: this takes a lot more resources than other variables. I'd recommend coding wanted behaviour in C and posting a patch. [snip]...
So why would you use a CPU heavy resource ${execp ...} call for UTC when conky has a lightweight command built in? I know you know it, I see it above.

However if it's just to show date then: KUDOS with one OOPS!
Your command leaves everything after the UTC time red so you still need the ${color} command.

Which brings my 'test conky' into action... everyone should have a test.conky.
I prefer orangered to straight red myself.

= = = = =
Did you know you can kill just one conky - for example my test.conky seen above - without killing the other conkys?
ostracized

Post by ostracized »

Sector11 wrote: Who says "it's not supposed to be doing anything after a first round?" It updates at every update_interval that's why the warning that it is hard on resources.
Ok that's something I seriously didn't know and isn't documented either...like the way execp is (other than that vague warning about using extra resources.) Now I finally understand why you use pre_exec. That should almost warrant a bug report to make documentation more clearer in my mind.
So why would you use a CPU heavy resource ${execp ...} call for UTC when conky has a lightweight command built in?
I was just playing around to see what was possible in execp.
Your command leaves everything after the UTC time red so you still need the ${color} command.
Sometimes I'm pretty lazy about closing tags if the new line is going to change the color anyway. For example:

${color 0ABFFF}UTC:$alignr${color orange}${utime %T}
${color 0ABFFF}Kernel:$color$alignr$kernel
...it may break convention but the closing color tag isn't needed in the first line here.
Did you know you can kill just one conky - for example my test.conky seen above - without killing the other conkys?
xkill and then click on the specific window you want killed? Is that advisable to "kill" conky windows instead of "ending" them, or would it really not matter? Btw instead of doing xkill in terminal, there's a convenient "force quit" item you can add to MATE panels which I believe does the same thing as xkill:
fq.png
ostracized

Post by ostracized »

Btw Sector11, I've been looking over some of the weather conky's...many of them use wget to fetch unencrypted data from sources like moongiant and accuweather. Again I would advise caution fetching data from unencrypted data sources considering the tcp exploitability talk going on recently. And seeing how easy it was to spoof usatoday (by not even having a MitM), I don't see how weather sites couldn't be affected as well. Yes, this is mostly server-side related and yes there is a patch coming to desktop environments, but it still underscores the importance of fetching from secure data sources.

Kinda reminds me of win7 gadgets. MS abruptly stopped updating them in 2012 and casted a blanket statement of, "don't use gadgets anymore because they're all vulnerable", but that didn't stop people from using them en masse -- even to this day. And like your weather conkys, the vast majority of "internet connected" ones are also fetching plain-text data -- and those requests can easily be spoofed at the coffee shop and injected code can be served back instead of "your 3-day forecast." This was demonstrated many years ago at defcon.

Not a huge issue to be concerned about on Linux, but something to be definitely on the back burner.
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

First off, I'm enjoying our interactions about things conky. Thank you.
ostracized wrote:Now I finally understand why you use pre_exec. That should almost warrant a bug report to make documentation more clearer in my mind.
${click light on}

And something that should be included in v1.10, IMHO. BTW, the link you used to show that pre_exec was depreciated was in Brandon's pre-release of conky version 2.0 - that never really made it to the mainstream. I was hoping by the time v2 came out it would be included (v2 became v1.10). But I'm sure you know that.

Another thing I do not like about v1.10 is: It's slower to load than v1.90
I was just playing around to see what was possible in execp.
Ahhhhh the secret ingredient of life the universe and everything - 'play with', 'test', 'try', 'experiment'

exec - the base
execp - does 'everything' exec does plus 'parsing'
execi - does everything exec does but at specific intervals
execpi - does everything execi does plus the parsing of output
Sometimes I'm pretty lazy about closing tags if the new line is going to change the color anyway. For example:

${color 0ABFFF}UTC:$alignr${color orange}${utime %T}
${color 0ABFFF}Kernel:$color$alignr$kernel
...it may break convention but the closing color tag isn't needed in the first line here.
Yea, I do that too. I just wanted to point it out. For a reason...

I have some bash scripts here that uses ${execp(i) ...} to run them because there are conky commands in the bash scripts for ${font ..} and ${color ...}. And in some, neither command has a closing counterpart in the script so at first they required:

${execpi 600 /path/to/bash_script}${font}${color}
until I tweaked them. :mrgreen:

A question. Why not use the color0 color1 color2 etc variables above TEXT?

To continue ...
Also - a long time ago I got into the habit of using ${} with all conky commands. The creator of "conkyForecast" demonstrated one day where $command can fail in certain instances. So I changed habits. Just a little something to know if you ever run into that situation. I have kicked my butt for years for not documenting exactly what it was. :(
xkill and then click on the specific window you want killed? Is that advisable to "kill" conky windows instead of "ending" them, or would it really not matter?
No, pkill It's something a friend came up with years ago over on the ubuntu forum:

pkill -xf "conky -q -c /media/5/Conky/test.conky" &
as long as what is between the " " is exactly the way you started the conky.
Put it in a bash script:

#!/bin/bash
   pkill -xf "conky -q -c /media/5/Conky/test.conky" &
exit 0
and bob's your uncle. I have that as a command in my OpenBox menu: Image
R: run E: edit K: Kill | KFC = Kentucky Fried Conky - kills them all!

I'm not a MATE user I use BunsenLabs - Debian8/OpenBox :)

To kill or end I don't think it matters ... but looking at the conky man page it's: kill
You Should Know

Conky is generally very good on resources. That said, the more you try to make Conky do, the more resources it is going to consume.

An easy way to force Conky to reload your ~/.conkyrc: "killall -SIGUSR1 conky". Saves you the trouble of having to kill and then restart. You can now also do the same with SIGHUP.
For me: killall conky && conky does the same thing as above.

Will continue with next post later - today is my anniversary so I need some wife time. :)

--- wget stuff looks interesting
Todd Sauve
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Todd Sauve »

OK, here is my 4 core conky. It is the same as my 8 core conky, except for 4 fewer cores and because it uses the Intel integral Graphics 3000 GPU I have removed all the GPU info, since it is the same as the cores. It only shows the temperature, so there is no point in including it. This a very nice looking and informative conky for laptops or any 4 core PC.

Simply change the name of the hard drive to reflect your hardware.

conky.config = {
	background = false,
	update_interval = 1,

cpu_avg_samples = 2,
	net_avg_samples = 2,
	temperature_unit = 'celsius',

double_buffer = true,
	no_buffers = true,
	text_buffer_size = 2048,

gap_x = 30,
	gap_y = 60,
	minimum_width = 280, minimum_height = 460,
	maximum_width = 280,
	own_window = true,
	own_window_class = 'conky',
	own_window_argb_visual = true,
	own_window_argb_value = 120,
	own_window_hints = 'undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager',
    own_window_transparent = true,
	background = false,
	border_inner_margin = 0,
	border_outer_margin = 0,
	alignment = 'bottom_right',

draw_shades = false,
	draw_outline = false,
	draw_borders = false,
	draw_graph_borders = false,

override_utf8_locale = true,
	use_xft = true,
	font = 'DejaVu Sans:size=10',
	xftalpha = 0.5,
	uppercase = false,

default_color = 'white',
        color1 = 'cyan',
        color2 = 'white',

};

conky.text = [[
${goto 5}${font zekton:style=Bold:pixelsize=14}${color2}SYSTEM${font  Snap.se:size=8} ${color1}${hr}${color}

${goto 10}${font OpenLogos:size=12}J${font}   OS: ${execi 10800 cat /etc/issue.net}
${goto 10}${font StyleBats:size=12}q${font}   Kernel: ${kernel}
${goto 10}${font StyleBats:size=12}x${font}   CPU: ${execi 86400 cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name' | sed -e 's/model name.*: //'| uniq | cut -c -5} \
${execi 86400 cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name' | sed -e 's/model name.*: //'| uniq | cut -c 19-26}

${goto 5}${font zekton:style=Bold:pixelsize=14}${color2}SYSTEM LOAD${font  Snap.se:size=8} ${color1}${hr}${color}
${voffset -5}
${goto 10}${font StyleBats:size=12}A${font}  CPU 1: ${cpu cpu 0}%${goto 120}    ${execi 5 sensors|grep 'Core 0'| awk -F'+' '{print $2}' | awk -F'.' '{print $1}'} °C ${alignr}${freq 1} MHz
${goto 5}${color1}${cpubar cpu 0}${color}
${goto 10}${font StyleBats:size=12}A${font}  CPU 2: ${cpu cpu 1}%${goto 120}    ${execi 5 sensors|grep 'Core 1'| awk -F'+' '{print $2}' | awk -F'.' '{print $1}'} °C ${alignr}${freq 2} MHz
${goto 5}${color1}${cpubar cpu 1}${color}
${goto 10}${font StyleBats:size=12}A${font}  CPU 3: ${cpu cpu 2}%${goto 120}    ${execi 5 sensors|grep 'Core 2'| awk -F'+' '{print $2}' | awk -F'.' '{print $1}'}  ${alignr}${freq 3} MHz
${goto 5}${color1}${cpubar cpu 2}${color}
${goto 10}${font StyleBats:size=12}A${font}  CPU 4: ${cpu cpu 3}%${goto 120}    ${execi 5 sensors|grep 'Core 3'| awk -F'+' '{print $2}' | awk -F'.' '{print $1}'}  ${alignr}${freq 4} MHz
${goto 5}${color1}${cpubar cpu 3}${color}
${voffset -5}
${goto 10}${font StyleBats:size=12}g${font}  RAM  $mem / $memmax ($memperc%)
${goto 32}${color1}${membar 5,230}${color}
${voffset -5}
${goto 10}${font conkycolors:size=12}i${font} ${voffset -5} HOME:  ${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /}
${goto 32}${color1}${fs_bar 5,230}${color}
${voffset -5}
${goto 10}${font conkycolors:size=12}l${font}${voffset -6}${goto 32}Kingston SSD: R/W: ${diskio}
${voffset -5}

]];
Screenshot from 2016-08-17 15-04-04.jpg
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

took me a while to configure this weather conky using the https://satya164.deviantart.com/art/Con ... -366545753 which has stopped working a few time because of https://query.yahooapis.com ... this one uses curl getting data from https so i'm not worried about any exploits

for me the wget ip address always chokes the conky. so if i enable one that is using the wget code for ip lookup it hangs and i have to kill a couple of time to get it kick started

i don't do much playing around with conky unless i notice a small imperfection. sifting through these long conky codes can get tiresome especially the weather one
Last edited by trytip on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ostracized

Post by ostracized »

trytip wrote: i don't do much playing around with conky unless i notice a small imperfection. sifting through these long conky codes can get tiresome especially the weather one
That's why I'm not really interested in weather configs because you're really at the mercy of "free weather API services." It's a shame that the MATE weather report panel recently broke because "changes" apparently happened over on weather.gov as well. I see Yahoo as...really far gone with Mayer at the helm so I would really advocate looking at other sources because I would think that they're just going to change the API again in a month or else put very little effort into it, like Yahoo Answers.

For the devs, I would look into a more developed weather API service like https://forecast.io/ -- you need an account there to make calls but the API documentation is very much super-par.
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

RE: Weather in conky

Or you could take a look at » Conky weather+moon scripts (Accuw/WUndergr/NWS/MoonGiant). Teo is excellent at staying on top of things. The following is a combination of two of the scripts.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

fixed the colors to look more aesthetic, that took quite a while :D still not sure about the green cpu cores couldn't decide where to use the green as the further to the middle i get the harder it is to see it, oh well another time

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

How do I do this? I like this, but am not sure how to get it to do what I see. Do I use EMACS?
coffee-n-cream wrote:Hello there.Great thread! i would like to share my screenshot here and hopefully fix some problems.The time displayed in conky doesnt match with the time in Time and Date settings as shown below.It updates itself every 20mins or so.Also,whenever i change a wallpaper,conky retains the old wallpaper.How do i fix these 2 problems? thanx alot!

here is my code

# Use Xft?
use_xft yes
xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=8
xftalpha 0.8
text_buffer_size 2048

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 1

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
# Set to zero to run forever.
total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type override
#own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
minimum_size 180 0
#maximum_width 200

# Draw shades?
draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 0

# border margins
border_margin 5

# border width
border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
default_color white
#default_shade_color black
#default_outline_color white
own_window_colour white

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
#alignment top_left
alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
#alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
# same thing as passing -x at command line
gap_x 35
gap_y 50

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
net_avg_samples 2
a
# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
use_spacer none

TEXT
SYSTEM ${hr 2}
${voffset 2}${font OpenLogos:size=16}u${font}   Kernel:  ${alignr}${kernel}
${font StyleBats:size=16}A${font}   CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
${font StyleBats:size=16}g${font}   RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
${font StyleBats:size=16}j${font}   SWAP: $swapperc% ${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
${font StyleBats:size=16}q${font}   Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}

DATE ${hr 2}
${alignc 35}${font Arial Black:size=26}${time %H:%M}${font}
${alignc}${time %A %d %B}
${voffset 4}${font RsbillsDng:size=14}O${font}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=8}${execpi 3600 DJS=`date +%_d`; cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/./!d' | sed 's/$/                     /' | fold -w 21 | sed -n '/^.\{21\}/p' | sed 's/^/${alignc} /' | sed /" $DJS "/s/" $DJS "/" "'${color FCAF3E}'"$DJS"'${color0}'" "/}${font}

HD ${hr 2}
${voffset 4}${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}7${font}   ${voffset -5}Root:
${voffset 4}${fs_used /}/${fs_size /} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}

NETWORK ${hr 2}
${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed wlan0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed wlan0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup wlan0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown wlan0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}Z${font}   Signal: ${wireless_link_qual wlan0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 wlan0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr wlan0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 1 ~/.scripts/ip.sh}
${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 1 ~/.scripts/ip.sh}
${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}
${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth1 8,60 789E2D A7CC5C}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth1}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth1}
${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth1}
${endif}${else}
${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font}   Network Unavailable
${endif}
WEATHER ${hr 2}
${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
${voffset -10}${alignr 56}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=WF}${font}
${voffset -50}${font Weather:size=40}y${font}  ${voffset -38}${font Arial Black:size=26}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT}${font}

${voffset 0}${alignc 43}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0212 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday} ${alignc 8}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday} ${alignc -29}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday} ${alignc -64}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USOH0212 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
${voffset 0}${alignc 75}${font ConkyWeather:size=28}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}${font}
${voffset 0}${font DejaVu Sans:size=7}${alignc 48}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -14}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -40}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignr 6}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}${font}
${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
${voffset -10}${alignr 56}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=WF}${font}
${voffset -50}${font Weather:size=40}y${font}  ${voffset -38}${font Arial Black:size=26}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT}${font}

${voffset 0}${alignc 43}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday} ${alignc 8}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday} ${alignc -29}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday} ${alignc -64}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location= SNXX0001--datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
${voffset 0}${alignc 75}${font ConkyWeather:size=28}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}${font}
${voffset 0}${font DejaVu Sans:size=7}${alignc 48}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -14}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -40}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignr 6}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}${font}
${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}
${voffset -50}${font Weather:size=40}y${font}  ${voffset -38}${font Arial Black:size=26}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001--datatype=HT}${font}

${voffset 0}${alignc 43}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday} ${alignc 8}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday} ${alignc -29}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday} ${alignc -64}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --locationSNXX0001= --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
${voffset 0}${font DejaVu Sans:size=7}${alignc 48}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001--datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -14}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -40}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignr 6}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=SNXX0001 --datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}${font}
${endif}${else}
${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font}   Weather Unavailable
${endif}
RSS ${HR 2}
${voffset 4}BBC (USA)
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/americas/rss.xml 60 item_title 0}
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/americas/rss.xml 60 item_title 1}
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/americas/rss.xml 60 item_title 2}
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/americas/rss.xml 60 item_title 3}
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/americas/rss.xml 60 item_title 4}
${voffset 4}BBC (UK)
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/uk_news/rss.xml 60 item_title 0}
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/uk_news/rss.xml 60 item_title 1}
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/uk_news/rss.xml 60 item_title 2}
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/uk_news/rss.xml 60 item_title 3}
${offset 4}$color2 >$color4${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/uk_news/rss.xml 60 item_title 4}
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I have it up, but how do I move it to the right of the screen, and also modify it?
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

MurphCID wrote:I have it up, but how do I move it to the right of the screen, and also modify it?
According to this:

#alignment top_left
alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
#alignment bottom_right
it should be on the right.

How to modify: if you saved it as ~/.conkyrc

<text_editor> ~/.conkyrc
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

Sector11 wrote:
MurphCID wrote:I have it up, but how do I move it to the right of the screen, and also modify it?
According to this:

#alignment top_left
alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
#alignment bottom_right

<text_editor> ~/.conkyrc
That is an old conky (conkyForecast is defunct) and you will need all the fonts it uses.
I don't see the screenshot coffee_and_cream was refering to, can you give a link please.
Sector11

Post by Sector11 »

Sector11 wrote:
Sector11 wrote:
According to this:

#alignment top_left
alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
#alignment bottom_right

<text_editor> ~/.conkyrc
That is an old conky (conkyForecast is defunct) and you will need all the fonts it uses.
I don't see the screenshot coffee_and_cream was referring to, can you give a link please.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”