how to install 'desktop settings' tool

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
user3636
Level 1
Level 1

how to install 'desktop settings' tool

Post by user3636 »

Hi community,

I want to install the 'desktop setting's' into some other desktop environments and want to know which components I need to get to install it.

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: how to install 'desktop settings' tool

Post by kc1di »

Hello user3636,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums.
I do not have an answer to your question, but you would do well to put as much information as you can about what your trying to do. At the very least which version of Mint are you talking about?

It will increase the chances of getting a helpful answer.
Good Luck.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
user3636
Level 1
Level 1

Post by user3636 »

Hi community,

I really like how compiz is working in your xfce edition I also enjoy your 'desktop setting's tool which make switching back and forward between them different display manager dead easy. GREAT TOOL!
I therefore wanted to see if could 'borrow' that exact tool see if I can use in my own xfce desktop.
First: Do you mind if I borrow the 'desktop tool' ?
Second: Which packages I need to installed above mentioned tool into own XFCE4 desktop?

Thank you, user3636
gm10

Post by gm10 »

The package is called mintdesktop but it won't fully work outside of a Linux Mint environment. It's all open-source though so feel free to adapt it to your needs though.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”