Compiz - How to set a specific window decoration theme for specific program?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FileNotFound

Compiz - How to set a specific window decoration theme for specific program?

Post by FileNotFound »

Hi guys! I would like to set the theme Arc (light) for most of programs, but there are some applications that uses a dark layout (like Spotify and Brackets) and I think that the white title bar seems a bit off (see image below).

I'm using Mint 19.3 with XFCE and Compiz as window manager. Is there a way to set a specific theme (Ark Dark) for specific programs? For exemple: Brackets and Spotify uses Arc-Dark theme and all other uses Arc (light)?

Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Compiz - How to set a specific window decoration theme for specific program?

Post by gm10 »

For GTK applications start them like this

Code: Select all

env GTK_THEME="your-gtk-theme" command
For QT applications you can start them like this:

Code: Select all

command -style your-qt-theme
Those might not work with applications installed as flatpaks or snaps but I lack experience with either and thus do not know.
FileNotFound

Re: Compiz - How to set a specific window decoration theme for specific program?

Post by FileNotFound »

Hi! Unfortunately these commands didn't change the title bar. The programs are still with white title bar (I think because Compiz)
Any other idea? Thanks for the help anyway =)
Last edited by FileNotFound on Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Ah, seems you're right, I tried with Compiz and it seems you cannot do window-specific decorations (titlebars, borders), you can only run one decorator with the same settings for all windows. What you can do is remove the decorations from specific windows though, in case that is an option for you.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”