[Solved] Can I add a drop Shadow?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iamoraal
Level 2
Level 2

[Solved] Can I add a drop Shadow?

Post by iamoraal »

I have put together a conky script I edited from a set I downloaded. There are two things I'd like to add.

1. I'd like a drop shadow on the left side of the conky window. I could just add it to my desktop background image as I did in the image below. But I want to employ a background slideshow, so I'd have to do that with every pic in the folder. Not to efficient.

2. I use google calendar to keep track of appointments and other scheduled tasks. Is there a way to connect to my google calendar and display upcoming events in the conky window? Btw, I have the calendar displayed in the Evolution Mail Client. perhaps I could use its database somehow?

Irvin.
Attachments
Drop shadow added to the image.
Drop shadow added to the image.
Shadow.png (75.41 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
conky.conf.txt
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 20 Ulyana, Cinnamon 4.6.6, iMac8.1, Intel Core2 Duo E8135
zcot
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Can I add a drop Shadow?

Post by zcot »

You can do it.

Make an entire background image with alpha. on the left hand side you will create your shadow area, and anything toward the right will have whatever amount of transparency you want(like for example the sample pic has some amount of transparency there).

And then adjust the config. Add an ${image} element to show the "background", and make sure any of your other elements are offset to the right enough to where they start at a good base point that's not within the drop shadow area, but a little bit to the right. And make sure the own_window transparency and argb values are correct.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”