[SOLVED] Cannot maximize any window to fullscreen while Docky is running.

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
physrito
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Cannot maximize any window to fullscreen while Docky is running.

Post by physrito »

I started using Docky just today. I previously used Cairo Dock.

I am unable to maximize any window to fullscreen while Docky is running. When I press the maximize icon of any window, it is shown that the window is maximized but a narrow area is left below the window.

Even after the dock is hidden, that area cannot used by any window only when maximized.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
physrito
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cannot maximize any window to fullscreen while Docky is running.

Post by physrito »

This only happens when the in dock settings- "Autohide" is enabled.

Disabled this feature and set it to "Intellihide" and now I can maximize windows to fullscreen.

If you have the Autohide option enabled, even after the dock disappears, that area is reserved for the dock. No other application can use that screen area when maximized. But that screen area can be used when a window is not maximized. This is weird.
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot maximize any window to fullscreen while Docky is running.

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

When I first installed Mint on a laptop, I used Docky. Everyone raved about it but I found it not to my liking. (I'm trying to be diplomatic.) I read a post recommending Cairo Dock and I have been using it exclusively since. I see you went the other way. Docky just didn't do what I wanted. Cairo Dock gives me the look and feel I like from a dock. Here's my system.

To each his own.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”