How to get Specific Conky scripts to work?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How to get Specific Conky scripts to work?

Post by Koentje »

And from what i see, the bars now show the corrects values! Am i right?
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

You can make the color a little more greener by editing:
fg_colour={0x33bb00,1}

Do you know how it works?
33 = how much red
bb = how much green
00 = how much blue

Goes from 0 to F... (0123456789ABCDEF)

and the ,1 is transparancy.. goes from 0 to 1.
So 0.1 or 0.7 or 0.75 or 1 etc.
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:18 am And from what i see, the bars now show the corrects values! Am i right?
I think they are, except the Fan Speed one
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:26 am You can make the color a little more greener by editing:
fg_colour={0x33bb00,1}

Do you know how it works?
33 = how much red
bb = how much green
00 = how much blue

Goes from 0 to F... (0123456789ABCDEF)

and the ,1 is transparancy.. goes from 0 to 1.
So 0.1 or 0.7 or 0.75 or 1 etc.
Oh cool, I didn't know that. Thanks
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

If that's the last thing, we can fix that! Is the number of fanspeed not changing or the bar?
Can you open a terminal next to it, go to the tempfolder and start watch -d cat gpuinfo.tmp again.
Now change the fanspeed like you did last tiime and screen record it.
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:54 am If that's the last thing, we can fix that! Is the number of fanspeed not changing or the bar?
Can you open a terminal next to it, go to the tempfolder and start watch -d cat gpuinfo.tmp again.
Now change the fanspeed like you did last tiime and screen record it.
Just the bar. It looks like it's working fine in the ternimal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKimDAeOl0M
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

Hah.. indeed. I see in the watch that the fanspeed in rpm and % both change value, but in the conky window only rpm changes.
Fanspeed % is number 10 from the list.
Can you check in gpuinfo.lua in block bar for Fanspeed in the arg= line if the number 10 is called at the head part?

I suspect it is on 8 ;)
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

And your conky window has to come a little more to the left.. i'm missing text on the right side of the window. Or is that the screen recorder that doesn't show the edges of your screen??
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:25 pm Hah.. indeed. I see in the watch that the fanspeed in rpm and % both change value, but in the conky window only rpm changes.
Fanspeed % is number 10 from the list.
Can you check in gpuinfo.lua in block bar for Fanspeed in the arg= line if the number 10 is called at the head part?

I suspect it is on 8 ;)
Woohoo! Thank did it :D :D :D
Attachments
new9.png
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:31 pm And your conky window has to come a little more to the left.. i'm missing text on the right side of the window. Or is that the screen recorder that doesn't show the edges of your screen??
I think that was just the screen recorder
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

Nice, so now finally everything works? :D

Ok i see on the screenshot the placement of the window is indeed better.. but there the network window is too much to the right! :mrgreen:

Anyway, have fun with it!
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:31 pm Nice, so now finally everything works? :D

Ok i see on the screenshot the placement of the window is indeed better.. but there the network window is too much to the right! :mrgreen:

Anyway, have fun with it!
Yes thank you, it's all working great

Just wondering though, is there a way to change the lettering slightly? For Core Clock, RAM, Temperature, Fan Speed, and GPU Load. They're slightly more bold than the letters in the CPU and Network one

Hah yeah, I'll move the Network one over just a touch
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

That's the font Bitsumishi. If you want the same font as the other conky windows you have to use Ubuntu-Title font. You get the same font as the name of the graphic card. If that is what you want then you have to change that in the conky script.

Find the lines that start with ${font Bitsumishi:size=10} and change that to ${font Ubuntu-Title:size=10}

Or any other font or size you like. If you want to have a bold font you add bold to it. Like ${font Ubuntu-Title:bold:size=10}
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:19 pm That's the font Bitsumishi. If you want the same font as the other conky windows you have to use Ubuntu-Title font. You get the same font as the name of the graphic card. If that is what you want then you have to change that in the conky script.

Find the lines that start with ${font Bitsumishi:size=10} and change that to ${font Ubuntu-Title:size=10}

Or any other font or size you like. If you want to have a bold font you add bold to it. Like ${font Ubuntu-Title:bold:size=10}
Yup, that did it. The other ones were using Rounded_Elegance it seems. But it's weird, it look almost the exact same now but it's just slightly different and I can't figure out why. I'll keep playing around with it to see if I can figure it out

Not sure if you can tell by the screen shot
Attachments
new.png
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

From what i can see, they look exactly the same! In the other windows the text at the bars are all caps.. maybe it's that?
The color green of the bars could be a little more brighter green.. they look a little less bright then the originals.

And if you want it perfect, you can create a little more space between the text and the bars...
In gpuinfo.lua increase in every block the y=xxx value with 2 or 3 pixels.
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:31 pm From what i can see, they look exactly the same! In the other windows the text at the bars are all caps.. maybe it's that?
The color green of the bars could be a little more brighter green.. they look a little less bright then the originals.

And if you want it perfect, you can create a little more space between the text and the bars...
In gpuinfo.lua increase in every block the y=xxx value with 2 or 3 pixels.
Actually, I think you're right, the letters do look the same. Maybe the colour is slightly off? I'm not sure, but something looks off

Oh and speaking of colours, I noticed in one of the files you spelled it both ways, you used "color" and "colour". I was wondering if that had any affect on the blurred background part not working?

I see what you mean about the spacing, I'll definitely fix that
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

TinMan1325 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:28 am Oh and speaking of colours, I noticed in one of the files you spelled it both ways, you used "color" and "colour". I was wondering if that had any affect on the blurred background part not working?
I never spell it as colour! That's french.. But the one who made the blurr script, if i'm correct, is from Portugal. So maybe that's why it is spelled different?
Why the blur didn't work was because it could not load the background image.. and what the reason of that was i have no idea. Then i have to dive into the code. But you have a black background, so it is pointless to use it.
TinMan1325
Level 3
Level 3

Post by TinMan1325 »

Koentje wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:24 am I never spell it as colour! That's french.. But the one who made the blurr script, if i'm correct, is from Portugal. So maybe that's why it is spelled different?
Why the blur didn't work was because it could not load the background image.. and what the reason of that was i have no idea. Then i have to dive into the code. But you have a black background, so it is pointless to use it.
Oh ok. Yeah I'm not concerned about it anyway, I just thought maybe that had something to do with it
ajgreeny
Level 7
Level 7

Post by ajgreeny »

Koentje wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:24 am
TinMan1325 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:28 am Oh and speaking of colours, I noticed in one of the files you spelled it both ways, you used "color" and "colour". I was wondering if that had any affect on the blurred background part not working?
I never spell it as colour! That's french.. But the one who made the blurr script, if i'm correct, is from Portugal. So maybe that's why it is spelled different?
Colour is not French at all but British English and color is US English.
French for colour is couleur
Koentje
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Koentje »

ajgreeny wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:07 pm French for colour is couleur
Thanks for clearing that up! ;)

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”