compiz effects dont seem to work LM 12

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thankyou

compiz effects dont seem to work LM 12

Post by thankyou »

compiz effects dont seem to work in Linux mint 12, even with 'additional drivers' installed.

for example, the shortcut effects and window animations. its just nice to know i _can_ do those, not that they are essential or anything.

its as if compiz is being over-ridden by some other setting.

also, on a side note,
where is the user group settings control panel in L.M.12?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karashata

Re: compiz effects dont seem to work LM 12

Post by karashata »

If you're using GNOME Shell, you cannot use Compiz, since GNOME Shell uses the Mutter window manager, which uses Clutter for desktop compositing, and is incompatible with Compiz.

If you using GNOME Shell, you should be able to find User Accounts by clicking your name at the top-right corner of the screen and selecting System Settings. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but it's the only thing user account related I know of in GNOME 3.
Aethyr

Re: compiz effects dont seem to work LM 12

Post by Aethyr »

As mentioned, you can't use compiz with Gnome Shell. But you can use compiz with Gnome 3, provided you do it in a session which does not launch shell. There is a tutorial in these forums on how to do that by the way if you are interested in ditching Shell (always a good idea).

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”