Change specific color in terminal

About writing shell scripts and making the most of your shell
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
[kraken]
Level 1
Level 1

Change specific color in terminal

Post by [kraken] »

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to change colour of the "process reading" (i have no idea exactly how to call this) on my terminal. I had success on configuring a lot of things and that would be the last one. And i am stucked. To be clear what color on my terminal i want to change, here is an image. I want to change from yellow to purple.

Thank you very much! :D
Attachments
example.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Change specific color in terminal

Post by Moonstone Man »

[kraken] wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:00 pm I want to change from yellow to purple.
So, what happens when you select Preferences on the Edit menu then switch to the Colour tab and click the colour you want to change?
[kraken]
Level 1
Level 1

Post by [kraken] »

Kadaitcha Man wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:54 am
[kraken] wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:00 pm I want to change from yellow to purple.
So, what happens when you select Preferences on the Edit menu then switch to the Colour tab and click the colour you want to change?
Well,there is no option available for that. The only option available is to change the colour of the text. The colour tab activity option doesn't change what i mentioned.
I can't see anywhere a place to change that specific thing. I'm using gnome terminal by the way.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

[kraken] wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:00 am
Well,there is no option available for that. The only option available is to change the colour of the text. The colour tab activity option doesn't change what i mentioned.
What terminal are you using? I use all kinds of terminals and also set them to a white background, so I often have to mess with those colors since they're set up for a dark background.
lxterminal, xfce4-terminal and terminator all have color settings that you can change, as below:
termcolor.jpg
Click the yellow box and a color selector pops up. You might have to select "custom" scheme in order to change it.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
[kraken]
Level 1
Level 1

Post by [kraken] »

Flemur wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:35 am
[kraken] wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:00 am

What terminal are you using? I use all kinds of terminals and also set them to a white background, so I often have to mess with those colors since they're set up for a dark background.
lxterminal, xfce4-terminal and terminator all have color settings that you can change, as below:
termcolor.jpg
Click the yellow box and a color selector pops up. You might have to select "custom" scheme in order to change it.
Yes, that solved the problem. For some reason my brain could not interpret the word palette as part of the color scheme of the terminal. Don't ask me why. Thanks to everyone.

Return to “Scripts & Bash”