Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Oscar799 »

Fandangio wrote:Very very nice Oscar!
Thank You Fandangio :D
maxheadway

Post by maxheadway »

Fairly minimal tweaks to my Mint 9 install, getting the latest LTS looking as good as Mint 10.

Theme: Mint-X-Metal
Icons: Mint-X-Faenza.

Wallpaper

Ubuntu Font is available through the Software Manager.

Terminal colours match the theme: Text #ACCD8A, background #212121.
Last edited by maxheadway on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
ivan_rookie

Post by ivan_rookie »

maxheadway wrote:Fairly minimal tweaks to my Mint 9 install, getting the latest LTS looking as good as Mint 10.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Nice clean KDE desktop :)
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Very nice wallpaper ZP.

Well put together desktop.
maxheadway

Post by maxheadway »

ivan_rookie, the cheezeburger, I mean... wallpaper can be found here. I've added the details of my setup, which should've been included in the first place.
casey972oo

Post by casey972oo »

Hi ! ... ' maxheadway ' ! ...

didn't find no ' Cheeseburger ' here ! ... lol ! ...

casey972oo
Last edited by casey972oo on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
ivan_rookie

Post by ivan_rookie »

maxheadway wrote:ivan_rookie, the cheezeburger, I mean... wallpaper can be found here. I've added the details of my setup, which should've been included in the first place.
Thanks mate :]
/Zoran\

Post by /Zoran\ »

donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

@Zoran
I like your desktop very much good job. What are you using for the clock, weather and calendar?
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
ivan_rookie

Post by ivan_rookie »

Mine ATM. Nothing fancy, just some minor modifications.
/Zoran\

Post by /Zoran\ »

donec wrote:@Zoran
I like your desktop very much good job. What are you using for the clock, weather and calendar?
Thank you, for everything on the right i'm using screenlets, i just discovered them yesterday, they are really awesome, especially the radio. You can find them in the Software Manager....
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

[quote="/Zoran\"]
donec wrote:@Zoran
Thank you, for everything on the right i'm using screenlets, i just discovered them yesterday, they are really awesome, especially the radio. You can find them in the Software Manager....[/quote]Thanks
Don
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

A lot of nice artwork here :)
I just turned to the Mint ans like it so much that I decided to make a theme for it for my notebook, I just finished the metacity file and thought I'd share it.
I still have to do the gtk and icons, so it has another gtk attached to it for now until I get to it, The image shows active and inactive states.
I might change it to try and get rid of some of the green but I'll see how everything looks like after I finish the gtk and see if I can balance out all the green.
Tried to keep in the linux mint theme with green. (might have gone a wee bit overbard lol).
zengeek

Post by zengeek »

Hi All,

Last time I posted here was a screenshot from a crappy old (really old) dell laptop I had for work. I though I'd post one of my set-up on my home PC.

AWN trunk instead of the repo version, allows multiple docks and the 'tab' look. Mint menu and places menu up top, some systems monitors, task-bar, etc. Dock on the left is organised into tools/accessories, internet, multimedia, office and graphics each on a different tab. I used one launcher per tab for the dock on the left, but this makes it hard to change the order, as you have to delete all items that need to change and add them in the right order. Next time, I'll probably use I launcher per app instead.

Had to change the colours on the AWN theme to black grey and white. I have Wally installed and it changes wallpapers which sometimes don't match the Black/blue default theme.

Icons are Oxygen I beleive, and I use "Glassified Mac OS" as my window theme using emerald. GTK theme is Shiki wise.

NB: Couldn't get screenshots to work with any open windows. confused?
Last edited by zengeek on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
thouartsimple
Level 3
Level 3

Post by thouartsimple »

Very nice, zengeek! Love the desktop.

My updated desktop:

Clean- (wallpaper from interfacelift.com)

Messy- (wallpaper is Australian Girls do Star Trek by... I forgot who, but I love it!)

Clean again (for those who might want to see the entire Star Trek wallpaper)

Messed with AWN a bit, I have the "just glass" theme. I got mintmenu in there along with dockbarx... I love it. A great replacement for gnome-panel! Also, I use faenza-dark for the icons and Divergence IV - A New Hope for my gtk theme.
-Nick

Laptop: PCLinuxOS KDE (Toshiba Satellite A305D)
Desktop: LM11 Katya Gnome, LM10 Julia KDE, PCLinuxOS KDE, LM10 Julia LXDE, Bodhi Linux (All 32-bit, custom built PC)
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

Zengeek I really like what you did with AWN but what do you mean AWN trunk instead of the repo version? And where did you get the AWN trunk version?
Don
Moved up to LM17 KDE
Martenous

Post by Martenous »

Here's mine.. the conky theme I'm using is NightDrive. I haven't got it fully configured yet, it can't get the weather and it doesn't display song info yet.

I normally have anime wallpapers, but this computer I use at school sometimes and don't want to look too geeky XD

zengeek

Post by zengeek »

I added AWN from the PPA following this tutorial
http://www.webupd8.org/2010/08/avant-wi ... e-ppa.html

When these new packages were installed they all had names that were appended by the '-trunk' suffix. For example 'avant-window-navigator-trunk'

This seems to be a different version to the one in software centre(repo/repository), which I tried, but didn't support multiple docks. I should mention that I'm on main edition, so people with rolling releases might have the new version available ?

first time I did this i tried to learn all the commands and understand the install process. Second time I did it (different system) I just copied and pasted the commands into terminal.
pradhishkumaAR
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pradhishkumaAR »

Return to “Screenshots”