Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

User avatar
Carl
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Carl »

mmesantos1 wrote:
Carl wrote:@mmesantos1: Can I have a link to the Barley wallpaper? it looks really nice :D
Sure Carl here is the link: http://browse.deviantart.com/customizat ... s#/d1jw3tm :D I see you have an eye for barley, got a favorite beer?
Afraid not I'm more a Cider drinker :wink: Just happens that taking a horticulture course improves your plant identification 10 fold :lol:

User avatar
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 10000
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Oscar799 »

Nice desktop mmesantos1 8)

Impressive botanical knowledge Carl... :)
Image

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

oscar799 wrote:Nice desktop mmesantos1 8)

Impressive botanical knowledge Carl... :)
Thank you oscar799. Finished the ISO testing for x64 Mint 10 and looks like its about ready for final. :D
Image

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

New one for Mint 10 Testing ISO. :D

GTK: A New Hope: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... e#/d316eqx
Wallpaper: Supremus Lucernarium: http://browse.deviantart.com/customizat ... m#/d2584od
Icon: Faenza Dark: from PPA.

Image

Image
Last edited by mmesantos1 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
colyn
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:37 pm
Location: ¿ǝɯ ǝǝs ɐʎ ʇ,uɐƆ ˙ǝɹǝɥ ʇɥƃᴉɹ ɯ,I
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by colyn »

mmesantos1 wrote:
tdockery97 wrote:@mmesantos1: I like the blue one MUCH better than the creepy spider. Can you say "arachnophobia"? :lol:
Thank you tdockery97, I am starting to see a trend here, no more spiders. :D
My daughter liked the spider image. She played with then when she was a little girl.

She would freak out her friends by letting these huge hairy gray spiders we have here in Texas crawl around on her..

25 years old and still likes them..

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

colyn wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:
tdockery97 wrote:@mmesantos1: I like the blue one MUCH better than the creepy spider. Can you say "arachnophobia"? :lol:
Thank you tdockery97, I am starting to see a trend here, no more spiders. :D
My daughter liked the spider image. She played with then when she was a little girl.

She would freak out her friends by letting these huge hairy gray spiders we have here in Texas crawl around on her..

25 years old and still likes them..
I was the same way when I was a kid, loved bugs, snakes and lizards. :D
Image

User avatar
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 10000
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Oscar799 »

I used to take creepy-crawlies home from the park in my coat pocket,I would forget they were there then there would be blood-curdling shrieks from the hall as my mother walked past where my coat was hanging and saw them all crawling out.....yes,I was a fairly horrid child... :lol:
Image

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

oscar799 wrote:I used to take creepy-crawlies home from the park in my coat pocket,I would forget they were there then there would be blood-curdling shrieks from the hall as my mother walked past where my coat was hanging and saw them all crawling out.....yes,I was a fairly horrid child... :lol:
Thats funny oscar799, I would have never guessed you for the mischievous type. :D
Image

User avatar
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 10000
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Oscar799 »

mmesantos1 wrote:
oscar799 wrote:I used to take creepy-crawlies home from the park in my coat pocket,I would forget they were there then there would be blood-curdling shrieks from the hall as my mother walked past where my coat was hanging and saw them all crawling out.....yes,I was a fairly horrid child... :lol:
Thats funny oscar799, I would have never guessed you for the mischievous type. :D
I was a bit of a monster..... :roll:
Image

User avatar
Leit
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 3:05 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Leit »

jeah i can imagine it... oscar was big and green and his t-shirt was lacerated and... mhm wrong movie...

i'll post a screen if i find the right wallpaper

EDIT:


Image
It is interesting the way we create complex and powerful tools to save us
from the complex and powerful tools we created previously.

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

Nice one Leit. :D
Image

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

OK updated dock to AWN using Lucido style, first time using it, I like it so far. Customized colors to match GTK theme. :D

Image
Image

User avatar
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20
Posts: 10000
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:21 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Oscar799 »

Very cleverly done mmesantos1 8)
Not only do the colours of the dock and the GTK theme match perfectly,the shapes do too
Image

User avatar
Leit
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 3:05 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Leit »

mmesantos1 wrote:Nice one Leit. :D
thanks mmesantos.
your's looking great as ever.. is your panel-picture selfmade?

... btw does someone knows the rgb or hex code from the "mint green"?
It is interesting the way we create complex and powerful tools to save us
from the complex and powerful tools we created previously.

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

oscar799 wrote:Very cleverly done mmesantos1 8)
Not only do the colours of the dock and the GTK theme match perfectly,the shapes do too
Thank you oscar799, the shape of lucido style is what prompted me to use AWN instead of docky. :)
Image

User avatar
Carl
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Carl »

I have to say I'm very taken with that theme mmesantos1 so I have unceremoniously pinched it :lol: although I'd like to find out how to change the selection colour for the mint menu button as it looks pretty awful when clicked :?

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Carl on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

Leit wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:Nice one Leit. :D
thanks mmesantos.
your's looking great as ever.. is your panel-picture selfmade?

... btw does someone knows the rgb or hex code from the "mint green"?
Thank you Leit. The panel picture is from the GTK theme. I posted the link in the first screenshot that I used it in. :)
Image

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

Carl wrote:I have to say I'm very taken with that theme mmesantos1 so I have unceremoniously pinched it :lol: although I'd like to find out how to change the selection colour for the mint menu button as it looks pretty awful when clocked :?
I am glad you like it Carl, what I did was downloaded the awoken icon theme and used the light Mint icon for mine. Or you can colorize your current icon in gimp. :D And i see you are using the emerald window decoration, very nice. :)
Image

User avatar
Carl
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 pm
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by Carl »

mmesantos1 wrote:
Carl wrote:I have to say I'm very taken with that theme mmesantos1 so I have unceremoniously pinched it :lol: although I'd like to find out how to change the selection colour for the mint menu button as it looks pretty awful when clocked :?
I am glad you like it Carl, what I did was downloaded the awoken icon theme and used the light Mint icon for mine. Or you can colorize your current icon in gimp. :D And i see you are using the emerald window decoration, very nice. :)
hmmm yes I was considering using the light colour but then I'd have to change the system tray icons as well :roll: :lol: any idea how to change the selection colour for the mint menu icon though?

User avatar
mmesantos1
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: VA. USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

Post by mmesantos1 »

Carl wrote:
mmesantos1 wrote:
Carl wrote:I have to say I'm very taken with that theme mmesantos1 so I have unceremoniously pinched it :lol: although I'd like to find out how to change the selection colour for the mint menu button as it looks pretty awful when clocked :?
I am glad you like it Carl, what I did was downloaded the awoken icon theme and used the light Mint icon for mine. Or you can colorize your current icon in gimp. :D And i see you are using the emerald window decoration, very nice. :)
hmmm yes I was considering using the light colour but then I'd have to change the system tray icons as well :roll: :lol: any idea how to change the selection colour for the mint menu icon though?

Edit: Ok got it carl you change the color in the GTK theme colors section. This will change the color. Here is a screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot-Customize Theme.png
Screenshot-Customize Theme.png (32.23 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
Image

Locked

Return to “Desktop Screenshots”