Page 1 of 2

All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm
by vrkalak
REMINDER: from the Forum Staff:

Please continue to use clickable-thumbnails linking to the larger image -- to help those with slower connections.

Many image-hosting sites will automatically generate 'clickable-thumbnails' for you, as well.

An example of the BBC code needed is below.

Code: Select all

Code: Select all

[url=http://link.to.your.fullsized.image][img]http://link.to.your.thumbnail.image[/img][/url]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The forum now has an option to resize images to 320x240 pixels using "rimg" tags.
This gives a large enough image to display clearly but doesn't cause a problem for those with slow connections
You can insert a pair of such tags with the "rimg" button, which sits rightmost on the row of buttons above the text field where you type your message.

Upload your image to an image hosting site then paste the URL of the "Direct" or "Download Image" link between the rimg tags.

Code: Select all

Code: Select all

  [rimg]http://link.to.your.image[/rimg]

This posts on the forum a 320x240 pixel clickable image which links to your original-sized image.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thank you - for your continued support of LinuxMint.

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:53 am
by hexdef101
And so I am First :lol:

Image

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:31 am
by jahid
here goes mine, pretty simple... :mrgreen:


Image

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:01 pm
by tenfoot
jahid_0903014 wrote:here goes mine, pretty simple... :mrgreen: ]

Very impressed with the background. Is it available for general use?

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:01 am
by jahid
tenfoot wrote:Very impressed with the background. Is it available for general use?
it's available by default in LM 16 cinnamon 32 bit version.

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:15 pm
by Flemur
NO LOAFING!

Image

Arizona copper mine, ~1929, from shorpy.com

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:25 pm
by Flemur
jahid_0903014 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:31 am
here goes mine, pretty simple...


That's the full image, not a thumbnail. Naughty naughty!

All desktop screenshots

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:31 pm
by Brahim Salem

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:26 am
by Ubulindy
Image

Image

Skulls theme (blows out flames when I hit the hot corner) & Skulls Being Reasonable Icon Themed set :D

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:38 am
by jahid
Flemur wrote:jahid_0903014 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:31 am
here goes mine, pretty simple...


That's the full image, not a thumbnail. Naughty naughty!
i did it like this:
vrkalak wrote:The forum now has an option to resize images to 320x240 pixels using "rimg" tags.
This gives a large enough image to display clearly but doesn't cause a problem for those with slow connections
You can insert a pair of such tags with the "rimg" button, which sits rightmost on the row of buttons above the text field where you type your message.

Upload your image to an image hosting site then paste the URL of the "Direct" or "Download Image" link between the rimg tags.

Code: Select all

Code: Select all

 [rimg]http://link.to.your.image[/rimg]


This posts on the forum a 320x240 pixel clickable image which links to your original-sized image.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:37 am
by Brahim Salem
Ubulindy wrote:Image

Image

Skulls theme (blows out flames when I hit the hot corner) & Skulls Being Reasonable Icon Themed set :D

nice desktop! that's my theme I made it long time ago but here is a better version of it http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/?content=163156

Image

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 am
by palo
Some nice screenies folks. March is starting off with a bang.

Image

Icons: Elementary Sky Blue
Dock: Engage
Wall: Cloudy with a chance of mintballs

Pat

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:21 pm
by Ubulindy
Then I guess I should say thank you!!! :lol: Great job!

Nice desktop! That's my theme, I made it long time agon but here is a better version of it http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/?content=163156

Image

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:02 pm
by Brahim Salem
agon :lol: :lol: That is supposed to be ago :lol: :lol:

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:35 am
by Brahim Salem

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 am
by Brahim Salem
Image

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:22 am
by Previous1
You seem to have a thing with the Time. :P

Here's mine

Image

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:58 pm
by Brahim Salem
Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon :D :D

Metro Conky at http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=164107

Image Image

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:00 pm
by palo
I wonder if I will ever come to like the Windows Metro look. It makes me think of what a 8bit OS would look like today.

OpticalMint
Image

Pat

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - March 2014

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:10 pm
by Brahim Salem
palo wrote:I wonder if I will ever come to like the Windows Metro look. It makes me think of what a 8bit OS would look like today.

OpticalMint
Image

Pat
woow what DE is that :shock:

this is my desktop with my n,ew wallpaper and logo :D

1-wallpaper at: http://linuxmint-art.org/content/show.p ... ent=164125
2-logo at: http://linuxmint-art.org/content/show.p ... ent=164124

Image Image