All Desktop Screenshots - October 2014

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Re: All Desktop Screenshots - October 2014

Post by twodogs »

Petro Dawg wrote:Running Mint 17 Cinnamon

Didn't do anything with the Linux Mint theme; it's pretty good as is. However, I modified the "Mint Pro" login screen theme significantly to suit my taste. Is it just me, or is the stock login screen just plain terrible in comparison to how great the rest of the disto looks?

Image Image

Otherwise just added Cairo-Dock for quick launching some games.
Yeah, the login screen is lacking. The rest is kick ass!
Would you mind sharing your MDM theme (Mint Pro) and maybe your desktop wallpaper. Your desktop looks sick! Awesome job!
stevecook172001

Post by stevecook172001 »

Having installed and used Linux Mint Mate 17 for a week or two now, I have made a few tweaks and have finished at what I think is the setup I can live happily with. I have linked to a video of my setup below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJnx40K ... e=youtu.be
ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

My laptop, running the default Cinnamon theme: :)

ClutchDisc

Post by ClutchDisc »

Zorba wrote:My new newly update theme http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/322

Image Image
Very nice Zorba!
sergio1234

Post by sergio1234 »

Zorba wrote:My Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon and my Ubuntu 14.04 customized my way (my themes+ mywallpapers):mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I dare you guys :mrgreen:

Image Image
What desklet is in the fist image?
Please say what desklets or conky are you using in your Desktops.
Java_Az

Post by Java_Az »

My Desktop....
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Mint 17 Mate

It is 17.1 in testing but I like it quite a bit.

Edit: I had forgotten how light and smooth Mate was! My desktop really runs great! Mint 17 Mate is a keeper. :D
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Post by twodogs »

sergio1234 wrote:
Zorba wrote:My Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon and my Ubuntu 14.04 customized my way (my themes+ mywallpapers):mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I dare you guys :mrgreen:

Image Image
What desklet is in the fist image?
Please say what desklets or conky are you using in your Desktops.
Hey! I think it's the AccuWeather Desklet http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/desklets
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

I just built this beast a couple of weeks ago, it's finally loaded and everything working (haven't had the time). See sig for machine specs (yeah, I know, it's not the latest and greatest but it fits my budget and it's NOT Intel or Nvidia, I'm very done with the both of them). The wallpaper is a screenshot from the 1982 movie Blade Runner, one of my all time faves. I ran BurnInTest on purpose so CPU-G shows the CPU's full speed, it idles at 1.4GHz most of the time, which is fine, it lasts longer, I have noticed it throttles up way faster than my old Intel Q9550. The computer's name is Mark-13 after the 'population control' cyborg from the cheesy 1990 cyberpunk scifi horror Hardware.

Click on the image after it loads to go full size...
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Having fun messing around with the whisker menu in xfce. I'm going to make a blue themed menu, as I think that'd be better than grey.

http://postimg.org/image/nz5bat517/

If anyone else uses XFCE and whats to know how to mess around with the whisker menu, let me know and I can share my (and others) research. Still have to figure out how to remove favorites and recently added, in addition to changing the font color of the right hand half of the whisker menu... Fun stuff. :)

EDIT:
Figured it out! That wasnt too hard at all! Heres an orange on blue theme. :D

http://postimg.org/image/pse167jxd/
Petro Dawg

Post by Petro Dawg »

twodogs wrote:Yeah, the login screen is lacking. The rest is kick ass!
Would you mind sharing your MDM theme (Mint Pro) and maybe your desktop wallpaper. Your desktop looks sick! Awesome job!
Thanks. Sorry for the late reply, it's been a little while since I've logged on the forums.

I cannot guarantee the login screen will properly conform to your monitor, I adjusted the object placement reference values to fit my laptop at a 1600X900 resolution; I have no idea how it will look on different sized screens. The "anchor" values might have to be adjusted in the "grace.xml" file to properly fit a different resolution.

Here are the links to the theme and wallpaper used...
MDM Theme
Wallpaper

Just extract the contents of the "PetroDawg.tar.gz" file to the "/usr/share/mdm/themes" folder and it should be selectable in the "Login Window" application under "GDM" themes.
JusTertii

Post by JusTertii »

Hey all, what do you think of this? I know it's pretty simple, but it was about as complex as I can yet manage!

Modified a conky I found on the web... I guess I can find it if anyone wants it?
twodogs
Level 4
Level 4

Post by twodogs »

Thanks. Sorry for the late reply, it's been a little while since I've logged on the forums.

I cannot guarantee the login screen will properly conform to your monitor, I adjusted the object placement reference values to fit my laptop at a 1600X900 resolution; I have no idea how it will look on different sized screens. The "anchor" values might have to be adjusted in the "grace.xml" file to properly fit a different resolution.

Here are the links to the theme and wallpaper used...
MDM Theme
Wallpaper

Just extract the contents of the "PetroDawg.tar.gz" file to the "/usr/share/mdm/themes" folder and it should be selectable in the "Login Window" application under "GDM" themes.
Hey Greg, I installed the MDM theme but there is a problem. There is no background image (bg.jpg). There IS a link though and it points to /home/greg/.cinnamon/backgrounds/bg.jpg

Can I get that background image from you. I would really appreciate it as I love this MDM theme. Thanks.

Return to “Screenshots”