Soft, elegant, fast and simple [LM 18.1 Xfce]

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jameskga
Level 4
Level 4

Soft, elegant, fast and simple [LM 18.1 Xfce]

Post by jameskga »

You guys post very impressive-looking desktops, and I notice they're often elaborate and full of widgets and other on-screen info.

I don't need that, but also I am using a low-end laptop, I have to go the other direction. I choose to keep things as simple as possible, and that includes running Xfce to free up as many system resources as possible while still maintaining a Minty chill. Simplicity, however, does not have to look ugly.

Apart from that little custom home icon, I made only two changes:
1) I switched to the Mint-Y Dark theme
2) I changed the desktop background to the beautiful snowy tree wallpaper that actually comes with the OS
*(I used to roll with the matching icon set, but I've found I prefer the style and brightness of the factory icon set)

And this is what you get:

And here's how firefox looks with the dark theme:

This desktop is easy on the eyes, and runs so fast, you would never know I'm running an underpowered $400 laptop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
They say your favorite Mint edition was the one you installed when you still went to school with your friends.
I am out there
MintBean

Re: Soft, elegant, fast and simple [LM 18.1 Xfce]

Post by MintBean »

Very nice! I think the flashy desktops with lots of stuff going on are just a phase for a lot of us. I know I've gone with a 'quieter,' simpler setup of late.

Return to “Screenshots”