Cinnamon 18.3 Themes

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

Cinnamon 18.3 Themes

Post by Ozo »

I found this unique window borders theme in Mint 18.3 Cinnamon. It is called Crux and It is the only one like it there and it is the best one there IMO. It has a clear area and is easy to read

The somewhat green background is courtesy of the Controls theme Cinnamox-Willow-Green. That green color on the left side of the border is effected (affected?) by the desktop theme which is in this case is Minty. I have found only one other color possible besides green and that is the reddish color of Cinnamox-Gold-Spice.

I hope there are more Cinnamox themes I will be looking.

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE CLICK TWICE FOR EVEN LARGER

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: Cinnamon 18.3 Themes

Post by Ozo »

There are two more Cinnamox themes. When used as the Controls theme backgrounds are bluish. The Rhino theme is grey..

smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Hi Ozo,

Nice to see folks making use of the Cinnamox themes. I did have a Ferrari Red version in the wings but thought it was a little bit garish so it never got an upload.

If you want to experiment with other colour variations the themes are not hard to modify using a text editor that can do mass find/replace (e.g. Geany) as the difference between each theme is only 4 colour values.

E.g. Start with Kashmir-Blue, make a copy of the Theme and rename it e.g. Cinnamox-Ozo-Experiments.

Then open the following files in Geany - cinnamon.css; gtkrc; gtkrc.hidpi; gtk.css (the one in the GTK-3.0 folder is the relevant one for Mint); metacity-theme-2.xml; metacity-theme-3.xml.

Then do an all files find/replace to change the following values wherever they occur across those files. These are the Kashmir-Blue values. They are in order the darker background shade, the lighter background shade, the highlight colour and the text colour.

#28343a
#23b29a
#daeaf2

This site has a nice colour picker to get the #values for specific shades - http://www.color-blindness.com/color-name-hue/
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

smurphos wrote:Hi Ozo,

Nice to see folks making use of the Cinnamox themes. I did have a Ferrari Red version in the wings but thought it was a little bit garish so it never got an upload.

If you want to experiment with other colour variations the themes are not hard to modify using a text editor that can do mass find/replace (e.g. Geany) as the difference between each theme is only 4 colour values.

E.g. Start with Kashmir-Blue, make a copy of the Theme and rename it e.g. Cinnamox-Ozo-Experiments.

Then open the following files in Geany - cinnamon.css; gtkrc; gtkrc.hidpi; gtk.css (the one in the GTK-3.0 folder is the relevant one for Mint); metacity-theme-2.xml; metacity-theme-3.xml.

Then do an all files find/replace to change the following values wherever they occur across those files. These are the Kashmir-Blue values. They are in order the darker background shade, the lighter background shade, the highlight colour and the text colour.

#28343a
#23b29a
#daeaf2

This site has a nice colour picker to get the #values for specific shades - http://www.color-blindness.com/color-name-hue/
I am not that experienced at it. The beautiful colored theme I am using right now is great but yes I was looking for a little more green to go along with my theme. This theme was installed directly from the 18.3 Cinnamon os which was very easy and more within my current ability. I am looking at your post. A bit daunting but I will give it a shot.

What I would really like is a green background with 80% transparency.

Return to “Screenshots”