All Desktop Screenshots of 2018

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vrkalak

All Desktop Screenshots of 2018

Post by vrkalak »

REMINDER: from the Forum Staff:

Please continue to use clickable-thumbnails linking to the larger image -- to help those with slower connections.

Many image-hosting sites will automatically generate 'clickable-thumbnails' for you, as well.

An example of the BBC code needed is below.

Code: Select all

[url=http://link.to.your.fullsized.image][img]http://link.to.your.thumbnail.image[/img][/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The forum now has an option to resize images to 320x240 pixels using "rimg" tags.
This gives a large enough image to display clearly but doesn't cause a problem for those with slow connections
You can insert a pair of such tags with the "rimg" button, which sits rightmost on the row of buttons above the text field where you type your message.

Upload your image to an image hosting site then paste the URL of the "Direct" or "Download Image" link between the rimg tags.

[rimg]http://link.to.your.image[/rimg]
This posts on the forum a 320x240 pixel clickable image which links to your original-sized image.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: All Desktop Screenshots of 2018

Post by catweazel »

Last edited by catweazel on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

I added the Paper icon set to complement my Adapta theme. I'm quite happy with it.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Here's my current desktop on my 2 in 1. Always go with xfce, usually go with conky on most machines, but the low resolution and small screen size of this machine had me look for something different and I realised xfce had some panel plugins that could give me the info I wanted (see bottom right of desktop). Machine name is a gag, I name most of my regular use machines after corvidae and prefer them to be black, this 2 in 1 I got heavily discounted but had no choice in colour, it was white.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

We (LMC 18.3) are not able to load some themes among other things but there is much that does load. I have blue backgrounds and a dark theme. The dark theme is Eleganse. The blue backgrounds are courtesy of the Cinnamox-Kashmir-Blue theme elements. Window borders are Crux. My wallpaper slideshow is free images from Wallhaven.com

Last edited by Ozo on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

:wink:
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Mint 18.2
Autumn Woods Cinnamon and GTK theme.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

That looks a little like Cinnamox-Gold-Spice on LMC 18.3 The calendar is very nice. Notice how the desktop clock gets themed.

Rayser
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rayser »

Rate mine.
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Rate mine.
Screenshot_2018-01-25_14-19-11.png
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

minitux wrote:Image
Just for your information. When I click on your photo I see it surrounded by sleazy women (slight exaggeration). I would advise trying Imgur to host photos. It has advertisements too on their site but not blatantly sexist ones and when a photo is clicked only the photo appears larger. Two clicks and even larger. And best of all it is really easy to operate. Try it.:)

Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

minitux wrote:thanks, but I'm fine with Postimage
If you want to use Postimage and not show other people unwanted advertising, you can link to the image instead of to the page that the image is on, like so:
That's the link to the actual image, enclosed in rimg tags. To get the link to the image, go to the page and rightclick on the image, and choose View image. Then copy the URL of what you are now seeing.

I have all advertising on Postimage blocked, but yes, they are quite bad. You are fine with it, others may not be. And the image by itself looks so much more professional, and less distracting.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Ozo wrote:
minitux wrote:Image
Just for your information. When I click on your photo I see it surrounded by sleazy women (slight exaggeration). I would advise trying Imgur to host photos. It has advertisements too on their site but not blatantly sexist ones and when a photo is clicked only the photo appears larger. Two clicks and even larger. And best of all it is really easy to operate. Try it.:)

I find it quite absurd that you reproduce the very same images that you find disturbing. Talking about paradoxical!
:roll:
Last edited by Sir Charles on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minitux

Post by minitux »

Moem wrote:If you want to use Postimage and not show other people unwanted advertising, you can link to the image instead of to the page that the image is on
Ok ?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

minitux wrote:Ok ?
Very much OK. In fact, perfect. :D

minitux

Post by minitux »

PCLinuxOS MATE

minitux

Post by minitux »

Manjaro Plasma

minitux

Post by minitux »

PCLinuxOS PLasma

sevendogs

Post by sevendogs »

Clean Cinnamon desktop running conky. Monitor is a Dell 3415w (3440x1440).

Ozo

Post by Ozo »

The first photo is a shot of the Google Chrome browsers Dark theme "Dark Space". It is the new tab page and is in Full Screen (F11). The second, not so stunning is the shot when in reduced size; notice the black border. While I am at it, the third shot is of a GMail email page theme. Notice how I fuzzed out the personal information using Nimbus.

CLICK ONCE OR TWICE TO ENLARGE

Last edited by Ozo on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Screenshots”