My New Linux Mint LMDE desktop

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lKingjr

Re: My New Linux Mint LMDE desktop

Post by lKingjr »

just something green to look at...
pappfer

Post by pappfer »

Here's my desktop. It's a shame that Mint-X theme doesn't support panel transparency very well.
My system is LMDE Gnome 64-bit.

Image Image
beantown
Level 1
Level 1

Post by beantown »

WOW waht an awesome desktop dockery!!!! Both you and Andrew did a great job with the LMDEKDE desktop. OK how about a how to on how ya did it.

Thanks,
Shane
tdockery97 wrote:Nice, Andrew. My LMDE KDE as of this evening:

tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

This is my latest LMDE desktop with LMDE pointed to Squeeze so I can enjoy Gnome 2 for a couple more years:

Mint Cinnamon 20.1
beantown
Level 1
Level 1

Post by beantown »

WooHoo I finally got KDE running on LMDE!!! May not be much to you experts among us. But this n00b is one happy camper!!! :D
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

I made a few theme and wallpaper changes for the season and posted them to my blog.

Clean

Dirty

My system runs KDE 4.7.2 on LMDE. The wallpaper is a picture of Mr. Bingle (a New Orleans celebrity since I was a kid) in an image I snagged from Facebook, the icon theme is OxyXmas, and the Chromium theme is Niscoveanu Andrei's christmas theme.
lKingjr

Post by lKingjr »

oops
Last edited by lKingjr on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Screenshot.png
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

I wish I had the eye for themes that some of you have. These are a bunch of killer desktops.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

LMDE tracking sid with kde 4.7.2
(and a dark theme for a change)

vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

The LinuxMint Forums has had an 'active' Screenshots Thread for some time now.
And there is a complimentary thread for LMDE screenshots, as well.

The list of pages on this thread keeps growing (338 pages) - at the moment.
A few hundred pages is a lot to go through, when you are trying to find something.
And no one is going to look back at previous screenshots for more than a few pages.

It would be a good and feasible idea to create a new Thread for Screenshots on a 'Monthly' basis

Of course, a Mod/Admin will oversee (namely myself) the creation of the new thread, each month, and the closing of the old topic, once the month is complete.
I have been trying to keep a close eye on these threads, for some time, anyway.

I don't really want to [DELETE] any of the existing screenshots/desktop or artwork from the Forum ... just [LOCK] the old thread and move it to the background, but keep it in the same forum. So that, if somone does want to view the 'old' stuff they can.

A new "Desktop Screenshots" Sub-Forum was created in the Artwork Section, of the Main Forums, just for these threads.

The Forum Mods/Admin will be opening a new Screenshots Thread, the night before the new month is to begin.
Then, as each month comes to a close, I will [LOCK] that old Months thread about 1-2 days after the new month has begin. We should start this with the coming of the New Year (in a few days)

Of course, the 'Current Month' thread will have to be 'sticky-ed' by an Admin. And released from 'sticky-ness' after that month is over.

I shall start the new Mint Desktop Screenshots Thread on January 1, 2012.
BostonPeng

Post by BostonPeng »

Thanks, vrkalak. back when I was an Ubuntu user I loved that they had separate threads for each month because it made it easier to find the walls for a particular month and I welcome that practice here on the LMF. It will also prompt me to make new screenshots each month if I change hot my desktop looks.

Return to “Screenshots”