Install steam games on a second hard drive

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Ryuuka9
Level 1
Level 1

Install steam games on a second hard drive

Post by Ryuuka9 »

Hi, I installed steam, and I installed rocket league on my second hard drive. The problem is that every time I turn on the PC it asks me to install the game. What can I do?

falx
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Install steam games on a second hard drive

Post by falx »

I also have all the games installed on another separate drive.
And I can give you good advice.
Create auto-mount drives with a mount point on user ... / media /.
(this is done either in the disk manager with changing the properties of the drive connection or through the terminal in editing mounted drives)
In this case, you will always automatically connect all the games to the directory of the game loader.

Konaan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Install steam games on a second hard drive

Post by Konaan »

What Falx suggested is what I did as well, but mine auto mount into the MNT folder. Using the Disks app you can just configure it to auto mount. What I did was:

1. Open the Disks app.
2. Click on the drive where games are installed in the left pane.
3. Click on the two gears icon in the right pane and select "Edit Mount Options".
4. Change the "User Session Defaults" slider to the left.
5. Make sure the "Mount at system startup" is selected, and the two below it aren't (unless you want to see an icon for the drive on the desktop)
6. Click OK (may need to put in your PW to save the changes)
7. If you look at the very bottom line you will see where it is mounted at and the name. Make sure your Steam library points to that location.

This is what has worked for me.

Return to “Gaming on Linux Mint”