CS:GO being laggy on Steam Proton/Play

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
I0nu7_
Level 1
Level 1

CS:GO being laggy on Steam Proton/Play

Post by I0nu7_ »

Hello, everyone
I would like to ask you what is wrong with CS:GO on steam via proton, on loading screen, it will show me the logo and then it will maybe play sound and show me a black screen or it will show me some very laggy game scenes from the start menu of the game.
CS:GO native works pretty well if i just set everything on low and reduce the resolution, but on proton, it will work as i said.
I need to tell you that my laptop is not that good for gaming, but on native linux it works with 30-40 fps and i am really surprised, after making some tweaks on the system, like installing gamemode, padoka drivers or idk how they are called, i386 drivers, mesa drivers update, lutris, and so on, ohh, and i have setted the cpu frequency to maximum, it works good on native, but i want to know why is this happening on proton.

PS: I am a pretty noob linux user, if I need to respond whith something from the terminal, tell me that command that you need to see, idk how to use them very well so yeah xD
PS2: Laptop specs and linux stats: https://termbin.com/f3ja

And sorry for any mistakes on writing :lol:
Gam1ra
Level 1
Level 1

Re: CS:GO being laggy on Steam Proton/Play

Post by Gam1ra »

I actually have the same problem, dude. I don't know why is happening, but it's really laggy. Does anyone know how to fix it ??
bismarc123
Level 1
Level 1

Re: CS:GO being laggy on Steam Proton/Play

Post by bismarc123 »

Saame, I can't believe there are two more people that had this happen at diffrent times. Did you guys figure it out?

Return to “Gaming on Linux Mint”