Won the Newegg shuffle!

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
second.exodous
Level 2
Level 2

Won the Newegg shuffle!

Post by second.exodous »

I won (the chance to pay retail for) a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 VISION OC 24GB Video Card, GV-N3090VISION OC-24GD. What Linux games will push it? I only buy games on Steam that run in Linux as a principle but I guess if there are no games that will push my card I could try out proton. With this much overhead I'm guessing my wine/proton experience will be better. It might not run in Linux as well as Windows but this card might run games well.

I got it in the mail but haven't installed it yet. It looks like I could sell it for a $1200 profit but this is the first card I've bought since Doom 3, so 16 or 17 years!?! So I'm keeping it. I could still sell it for a $900 profit used if I don't like it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ugly
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Won the Newegg shuffle!

Post by ugly »

Play the UPS game. Put the video card in the mail and input my address to win.

I'm not even sure what the most demanding native Linux games are.

Of the ones I have on Steam, I think Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was demanding, but maybe because it was poorly optimized.

I think the various Tomb Raider games are often used in benchmarks.

The most recent Linux native game I have is Amnesia: Rebirth, but even my RX570 can handle that (at least at 1080).

I suppose one thing to test out is the Quake II RTX. It's free and is meant to be a demo for raytracing.

Return to “Gaming”